Home

Predictions for next year and final thoughts

This is a discussion on Predictions for next year and final thoughts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:07 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Predictions for next year and final thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
Speak for yourself bro. There's no way in hell I'm being an unpaid beta tester any more.
Sure, that's what you're saying now. Happens every year, all the whiners and complainers still buy the new game anyways.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Next year will be the same broken engine with a few new features that look decent at first, but will have major flaws. OS will review the game and give it an 8.5. Other OS'ers will get the game early and say how great it is.

4 weeks later, EA releases a patch that screws up the few things that were working properly in previous versions.

Anger begins to mount. EA goes silent, but whispers of a 3rd patch surface. The peasants rejoice. The patch doesn't deliver anything of note, but reverses any fixes by patch 2.

A thread emerges on OS about predictions for NCAA 2014. I cut and paste this post.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 13

Just join up on the protest against EA sports on facebook
Old 11-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #20
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3

I barely picked this one up this year and I certainly wont next year. If you put out a game and then admit that the things in it are so broken that you cant even fix it without wrecking the game, then you are pathetic. I think it is great that EA had to shelve their NBA game for two years because it was a big steamy pile of awful, but NCAA keeps coming out every year.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

http://www.facebook.com/pages/EA-Spo...ref=ts&sk=wall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelios7
I barely picked this one up this year and I certainly wont next year. If you put out a game and then admit that the things in it are so broken that you cant even fix it without wrecking the game, then you are pathetic. I think it is great that EA had to shelve their NBA game for two years because it was a big steamy pile of awful, but NCAA keeps coming out every year.
That's because Live had COMPETITION! 2K was making it look BAD. The sales suffered because they couldn't keep up and had to shelf it. If there was another college football game then they couldn't do that.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #23
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I think it is pretty safe to predict that there is zero chance they manage to fix all the problems AND add a slew of important additions. Not next year. I'm not 100% sure it ever happens with the current team.

I do agree with you in that this game is sorely, sorely needing a brand-new game engine. There are so many gameplay flaws that will always exist unless the foundation is repaired. Attempting to make fixes on this foundation (i.e. making claims that warping and sliding is eradicated) is like a band-aid on a broken arm. It's about keeping up appearances so they can sell the game, but the game is not moving forward in this way.

I bought '12 after a skipping a "generation" and can say it is not the worst NCAA game ever. Like anything else, the more you play it, the more its flaws start to show, and believe me there are a good many.

If EA was serious about this series, they would strip it down and build from scratch--get the gameplay right FIRST and then add the bells and whistles like "authentic intros." This would likely require skipping at least one year of their normal release schedule. Do I expect it? Honestly, no.

If EA prefers to wait until the next-generation of systems to take that step, I can live with that at this point. I imagine we're only 2 to 3 years away from the next-gen, and rebuilding in this gen does not make sense if that is the case. Still, I expect the next-gen to take those substantial steps that we haven't seen this generation.

EA can still redeem the NCAA series and make it what it's meant to be--an authentic recreation of college football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »