Home

The option and outside runs in general

This is a discussion on The option and outside runs in general within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The option and outside runs in general

Why do the option outside runs quite frankly, suck, in this game. No matter when I call either, the CPU is always lined up in a formation (one that no defense I play seems to have) to stuff it instantly. Is their a secret way to tweak the sliders so that options and outside runs have a chance of actually gaining positive yardage without making the inside run overpowered?

The option is one of the main reasons I like college football and this is sure getting frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
Banned

psychicDB's Arena

OVR: 2
My favorite part is when the read guy plays the qb so you pitch it, then the defender spins 180 on a dime without even taking steps, his body just magically rotates 180 degrees, and your pitch man gets tackled for a loss.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Rookie

Re: The option and outside runs in general

Great post. I would also like to know a solution to this. Nothing like having 3 defenders in the backfield before your rb gets the ball
Old 11-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicDB
My favorite part is when the read guy plays the qb so you pitch it, then the defender spins 180 on a dime without even taking steps, his body just magically rotates 180 degrees, and your pitch man gets tackled for a loss.
The opposite happens all the time too. When the read guy crashes and you take off with your QB and the defender makes his magic 180.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #5
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea I have noticed this as well. I use to love running the option but its so difficult in this game. The option is a key play in college and in this game it is basically non-existent. Also, why does it take forever for the option play to start, specifically in the shotgun. The quarterback will get the ball and hesitate about 2 seconds then take off running. By that time the blockers have already blown their blocks and the d-line is in the backfield. Its quite frustrating because you can't create a balanced offense out of the shotgun most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
Pro

YeOldTonk's Arena

OVR: 6
Location: Foothills of the Cascade Mountains in the great PacNW

One thing I've noticed with option, toss and outside running plays is that if you have a WR on that side that is covered tightly, the WR pretty much just stands there. My HB gets the ball and the CB is on him in no time.

If I have a FB in front and I pause a sec for the FB to take the lead to make that outside block, I've got a LB coming through the line on my butt.

This thing called Twitter I do sometimes

What's your thoughts? It's a game.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
Rookie

lhinds7's Arena

I am having rather good success using Air Force's playbook. Mixing stuff up a lot. When I run the option out of the flexbone, usually just the speed option, either nobody will cover my QB and he's good for at least 10 yards, or I instantly have a guy on him, pitch it, and pick up at least 4 or 5 with my RB. I've found myself running the play on 3rd and 6 before.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #8
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

They've nerfed down the option for everyone because the online community abused it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »