Home

What exactly IS the tendency bug?

This is a discussion on What exactly IS the tendency bug? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 13
Re: What exactly IS the tendency bug?

Just seems like too much work to go through every freshman and juco player on every team year after year if your being fair to all the teams.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Just seems like too much work to go through every freshman and juco player on every team year after year if your being fair to all the teams.
It would seem so...but, you have to remember, I am only editing for gameplay using Skillz suggestions, and not worrying about player tendencys. They will change anyway once I edit them. Also, most of the incoming freshman come in at the correct range. I have tested this...and I can do a team in about 15 min, so it might take me 2 weeks to do every team. Not bad, because I have spent that much time just doing sliders.

I'am not here trying to convince anyone the game is the best yet. However, Skillz and Playmaker has came up with a way to make the game more playable, with somewhat realist results.

Last edited by Purplepower_NC; 11-03-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
Look man, if you don't like the game, just freaking sell it. Stop whining about it all the time. If you hate it so much, why do you still own it?

Personally, I think it's a flawed game, and it's far from perfect, but it is still a good, fun game. (Now, I recently got The Show, so I haven't played NCAA all week, but The Show is a great game.)

And for the record, I know where people are coming from when they complain the game isn't like actual college football, but... It's like when people complain how the movie strayed from the book.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
Rookie

KuruptOwnz's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4ckdabeast
Look man, if you don't like the game, just freaking sell it. Stop whining about it all the time. If you hate it so much, why do you still own it?

Personally, I think it's a flawed game, and it's far from perfect, but it is still a good, fun game. (Now, I recently got The Show, so I haven't played NCAA all week, but The Show is a great game.)

And for the record, I know where people are coming from when they complain the game isn't like actual college football, but... It's like when people complain how the movie strayed from the book.
Ummm, he's just posting his valid complaint/concern in the appropriate matter.

Someone may need to get off their high-horse.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 11

I'm sick of seeing him post a bunch of times on OS every day about how much the game sucks. Just sell the game, for Christ's sake, if you hate it so much. That's all I'm saying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 06:25 PM   #22
Pro

DreadedSteeler's Arena

OVR: 8

The QB position is the only one that really has any substantial effects in my opinion. Yeah my little speed back may try to bulldoze through a tackler, but then again my 190 lb. quarterback will truck through 320 lb. nose tackles on occasion, that's deeper than a tendency problem. This engine has much bigger issues.

I take 20 minutes each off season and edit all incoming QBs to their correct tendencies. Unfortunately there is no such fix for the larger issues, cpu zone D/bump and run for auto TDs, broken cpu option, ect.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:54 PM   #23
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadedSteeler
The QB position is the only one that really has any substantial effects in my opinion. Yeah my little speed back may try to bulldoze through a tackler, but then again my 190 lb. quarterback will truck through 320 lb. nose tackles on occasion, that's deeper than a tendency problem. This engine has much bigger issues.

I take 20 minutes each off season and edit all incoming QBs to their correct tendencies. Unfortunately there is no such fix for the larger issues, cpu zone D/bump and run for auto TDs, broken cpu option, ect.
I agree that QB is really the only position where it's even noticeable. Still no biggie to me.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »