Home

Anyone else ever seen this in a game?

This is a discussion on Anyone else ever seen this in a game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
Rookie

erod328's Arena

OVR: 2
Anyone else ever seen this in a game?

I'm playing an offline dynasty, and I'm in my seventh year. I play every single game of the season, and I play them on Heisman difficulty. This particular year is my first season at Wake Forest, after building Wyoming to a national powerhouse. Our second game of the season is sixth ranked Miami, picked to win the ACC. With around three minutes left in the half, I'm UP on Miami, 21-3. After a reverse, in which everyone on my D, including myself bit on, pulls them 21-10, I go three and out. I hold Miami to kicking a field goal from around the 30. Now, I always try to block field goals. I've gotten three before in one season, but now it seems like i just can't get there. I time the snap PERFECTLY, and lay my defender out there for the block. To my surprise, the holder stands and fires a shot to a wide open running back dancing his way into the endzone. I've played NCAA Football since 2001, and I have never seen the CPU fake a field goal. A punt, yes, a field goal, no. Anyone else experience this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anyone else ever seen this in a game?

i have a couple weeks ago in a game but the cpu was inside the 10 and i actually didn't take the bait and knocked the pass down. i usually use fg fake defenses if i know i would try to fake it in those situations if i were on offense.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #3
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Never had the CPU fake a field goal on me, but they worked me over on a fake punt a few days ago. It was 4th and 7 on my 44, not really fake range, but they ran a fake punt run and it went for about 30 on me. I was so shocked. I usually pull a guy off the line to help block for the return, but in this case since a return wasn't likely, I tried running around the opposite edge to block it... sure enough, they fake and the upback rolls right through me.

The CPU doesn't outsmart me often but that was a big one. I couldn't help but laugh.
Old 11-05-2011, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Once. I stopped them though, because my friend uses them a lot.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »