Home

After Patch #4 Freezing

This is a discussion on After Patch #4 Freezing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #25
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: After Patch #4 Freezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennstlbu
I'd never had the game freeze on me until this week. Now it has happened to me three times in the past week. The worst part of it is it has happened every time while Supersimming in the fourth quarter. Talk about frustrating. Two to three hours that I'll never get back.
I have found that I can sim 3 qtrs and then in the 4th to prevent freezing I have to play one offensive series and then I can sim to next change of possession for both teams. That prevents freezing plus I only waste a few seconds playing one series. Hope that helps
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 02:24 PM   #26
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

I never had a freezing problem until the past 2 weeks. It cost me a blowout win over Florida in the SEC Championship game (froze right after the game ended). I've also had issues with the game not reading the disc and not loading the game from time to time. And I've cleaned the fingerprints off the disc and it still happens.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #27
MVP

pennstlbu's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I never had a freezing problem until the past 2 weeks. It cost me a blowout win over Florida in the SEC Championship game (froze right after the game ended). I've also had issues with the game not reading the disc and not loading the game from time to time. And I've cleaned the fingerprints off the disc and it still happens.
That's one thing I noticed about my freezing issues too. It's always happened when I've been blowing teams out in the 4th quarter. Also, this has been happening in a dynasty where I am the OC, so I have to supersim when my team is on defense. It's been pretty frustrating.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #28
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I had a stretch a few months ago where I had freezes almost every game, on and offline. Not disconnects, freezes. More often than not, it would be right as someone audibles, but there were plenty post play call, post touchdown or even a few during play. Then it went away for a while.

Just recently it started happening again. My last CPU game froze late in the 4th when I had a comfortable lead. I think the culprit there was no huddle combined with stadium sounds for the CPU team. It just ground to a halt. The very next human v human game froze at the start of the second half right after an audible by my opponent. Again, up 3 scores.

I think I'll finish this last OD season and hang NCAA up for the year. Which sucks because I usually play it until release of the next year, but it just isn't fun any more. Only way the CPU is competitive is when they make terribly unrealistic plays and I've had way too many freezes lately to keep giving this game attention.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »