Home

CCCSS- The Presentation of NCAA Football that matters

This is a discussion on CCCSS- The Presentation of NCAA Football that matters within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27
CCCSS- The Presentation of NCAA Football that matters

Over the past couple of years NCAA football has upgraded its presentation mostly in the Pregame department. Various traditions have been captured and although they are impressive, over time they become very repetitive. If EA wants to take there presentation to the next level, in my opinion, these are the key spots to advance.

Crowd
Commentary
Celebrations
Sidelines
Stat overlays

What separates these five aspects is that you don't have smash the A button to skip when you just want to get on with the game. It's just part of the overall experience. Now to briefly describe each...

Crowd- Everyone wants to see this and it's about time. Not only visually but I'm done with playing games where I hear crickets. They need to be loud at the right times and louder for bigger games or rivalry games. Home field advantage is huge in college football!

Commentary- Once again, everyone knows about this one. It's bone dry. My opinion, it's time for musburger but one can only dream. At least make each game sound somewhat different. Talk about individual players more. I don't think much needs to be said here.

Celebrations- Especially on the defensive side. Players get hyped on defense for doing about anything right. And when you score a touchdown lets have something like FIFA. Not necessary but it would add alot. Also game winning kicks and QB kneels should have some sort of on field celebration.

Sidelines- They added coaches, but we still have cyborgs awkwardly clapping there team on. It should feel alive. When running down the field teammates go crazy. Plus they are full. I feel like this would bring the on field realism to NCAA football.

Stat overlays- Smooth like last gen. You should be able to start the play while the stats are still up. It's interesting to find out your running back is tied for 4th in the nation for touchdowns. Keeps things fresh and could inform you about other teams good players. It never feels like I know who's having a great year around the country.

Just the direction I believe EA should go with presentation for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2011, 10:20 PM   #2
MC2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CCCSS- The Presentation of NCAA Football that matters

With the celebration aspect, I think if you kneel down within 40 seconds left, and the other team has 0 timeouts, the game should show a game ending, coach hand shaking cutscene instead of them making you pick another play.
Old 11-26-2011, 11:52 PM   #3
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree sir. This wont happen though. Too much work for EA. Even if they did put it into the game, there would be bugs.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 38

Only two comments on this thread? Wow. These are some key things EA needs to add to NCAA next year to take this game to the next level.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
The OP pretty much says it all....

Nothing needs to be said.

Come on EA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

OVR: 3

One thing they need to do is take a note from the 2k series and add some of these as extras that occur during the course of the game instead of during cut scenes. Because they are generally cut scenes, people usually skip past them.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #7
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

When we mention the game lacks dynamic commentary, I think what we really mean is that the commentary fails to acknowledge anything of importance that the user has done or what other teams/players have done throughout the season. Except for a few minor, I mean MINOR dynasty specific commentary, there is NO difference between the presentation in an exhibition game and a dynasty game.

Why is there no in-game score ticker anymore? Why is there no list of current conference standings? These were both PS2 features....

How about Kirk's top 5 Heisman list? Or at least acknowledging that the QB who just threw that TD pass is in the Heisman race? How bout a Heisman ceremony (again)?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »