Home

Help Settle a Debate

This is a discussion on Help Settle a Debate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Help Settle a Debate

I don't think it's Cheese, personally. IRL, anytime you have a shot, you should go for a strip, unless you absolutely need a tackle (4th Down, last play of the half).

Also, I honestly have not had many fumbles, is it only the QBs who fumble a lot? Because my HB has very few fumbles (My QB has more than my HB, and I use an Air Raid with a pocket passer QB)
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:56 PM   #10
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I don't think it's Cheese, personally. IRL, anytime you have a shot, you should go for a strip, unless you absolutely need a tackle (4th Down, last play of the half).

Also, I honestly have not had many fumbles, is it only the QBs who fumble a lot? Because my HB has very few fumbles (My QB has more than my HB, and I use an Air Raid with a pocket passer QB)
I agree. I have played against guys in my league that admit to this. I dont put it on conservative but I do us RB a bunch and rarely fumble.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
Just put gameplan to conservative on big runs. It'll neutralize what he's doing. It is cheese because real life teams very rarely go for a strip. Big hits are 20x more common than strip tackles in real life. But you can counter what he's doing just fine.
I haven't ever payed attention to that setting. I'll have to check it out.

Looks like several votes for Pure Cheese. If anyone else has an opinion please chime in so I can rub it in his face.
PS4: Nothing currently
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Since there is really no downside (missed tackles, penalties etc.) for going for a strip, then I absolutely consider attempting it on every play cheese.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 11-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #13
Pro

delija66's Arena

OVR: 7

Da Bears go for the strip a lot... but doing it on ever single play? yea its cheese
Old 11-29-2011, 09:38 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

So what about not putting the strip ball setting to aggressive but hitting LB or whatever the strip ball button is every time you try to tackle? Is this any different than using the tendency setting?

I think hitting the button each time results in more broken tackles, therefore riskier. Plus it's the user trying to time the strip right and having to execute the strip instead of the computer going for the strip every time, regardless of the situation.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:28 PM   #15
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

the reason I feel it is a cheese tendency whether or not he sets the "tendency toggle" to aggressive is:
1. the game locks you in an animation, if you are not holding RB constantly then you can/will get locked in an animation without the ability to protect the ball. ie... NCAA or NFL, if a player gets stood-up and the LB is going for a strip most RBs will fightback and attempt to hold onto the ball the best they can. in the game, if you get stood-up and the other person is holding "strip ball" going into contact then you will go into the strip animation and it is a statistical variable on whether you hold the ball or not... you cannot hit "protect ball" after the fact to help prevent a fumble.

2. the is little downside to going for a strip 99% of the time except on maybe broken plays where you are downfield and it is 1 on 1. go for a strip on a 1 yard loss and he breaks the poor tackle attempt, there are 3 players still within "contact/suction/tackle" radius. same goes everywhere on the field, in real life if you make a poor choice in going for a strip ball and you can give up more yards as the RB still churns his legs for extra yardage.

3. while there are players that ppl can point to and say "xyz goes for strips everytime", these players are the exception not the rule. heck even one of my favorite Texas Linebackers, Derrick Johnson, used to attempt to punch the ball out from behind whenever he was chasing a play. He was like top 5 in fumbles forced in '04... with 9... his career total was 11... his total in the NFL is 16... Osi Umenyiora hold the single season fumble forced with 10... in the game, the statistical chances of a fumble forced is much higher because there is no risk involved.

cheese, defend it however you like but it is still cheese. like 4 verts, teams run similar plays in the real world but that doesn't change the fact that it is still cheese in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #16
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
Me and this guy I know can't agree so we are going to let OS decide. My Friend goes for a strip every, every, every (did I say every) single time he goes for a tackle. After many games of him doing this every tackle I finally called him on his obvious cheesing. He actually had the nerve to tell me how much of a sim player he is and that going for a strip every tackle is "part of the game."
My argument is really 2 points.
1. In real football you can't go for a strip on every tackle (like you can in NCAA) and still have a shot at bringing the ball carrier down. In NCAA 12 you can get away with going for a strip and almost always still make the tackle. In real life the speed of the game, momentum, body position etc would not allow for this.Therefore CHEESE

2. It is an obvious exploit of the game. If you have played much NCAA you know with standard sliders you can strip the ball with a very high rate of success. Knowing that stripping the ball is much easier than it should be or is in real life yet doing it every, every every, play is an obvious exploit. Therefore CHEESE

Ok OS there you have it. We leave it up for you decide.
Is going for a strip every single tackle cheese?
Honestly the gameplan as a whole is cheese and NCAA needs to get rid of it. Some parts have genuine strategy but as a whole its really more of a problem than an actuall sim part of the game. Thats my take on it anyways.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »