Home

Fatigue Question

This is a discussion on Fatigue Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

OVR: 3
Fatigue Question

I have a very deep defensive front this year in my online dynasty and was thinking about increasing how often my Dline is substituted to always have a fresh player in there. My question is how much fatigue affects the players and whether it is worth doing this substitution? If I have a 91 who has full fatigue is it worth getting him time over a 95 in the yellow? I have looked everywhere and can't find any proof one way or another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2011, 09:20 PM   #2
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

Re: Fatigue Question

Should I assume due to the amount of views and lack of comments nobody has any proof or evidence that it impacts the players that much?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not sure as to how the editing rosters goes in Online Dynasty. If I recall right it has to be done by the commisioner? Correct me if I'm wrong. The reason I say this about editing rosters is because I took a tip from Purple on here and he stated if you edit each player in a certain position that you want to see a good rotation from you will see good results. He recommends to edit whatever player you want to see rotate to 30 for stamina. For example, I wanted to see a better rotation from my d-line in my dynasty, so I went in and edited my starters stamina to 30. This in turn causes my starters to "rotate" with my backups due to the low stamina rating. This is also effective for RB's or whatever position you want to see a decent rotation. Hope this helps.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

I might have phrased my question incorrectly. I am not as much concerned about how to rotate them, but I am wondering is it worth it? Is a defensive linemen that is yellow going to actually play any worse then one that is a few rating points lower but is at full strength as far as stamina goes.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #5
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

It all depends on if you depend on realism for your dynasty. For me, I like to get my younger players some experience and my more experienced players time to rest as the game goes on. It is an alternative way to get them playing time without having to resort to Mass Subs near the end of the game. It also allows you to promise Playing Time to recruits who you would like to see make an impact right away without pulling teeth to do so. That's just how I like to do things. Is it worth it? To me yes. To others ... well I can't really say. I can't really say if the "fatigue" factors in to actual gameplay. I'm not sure if the player being in yellow will actually start to show true fatigue traits and start to play at a slower pace, making mistakes, etc. It would certainly be a nice touch to the game, but I've not studied that far into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 12:00 AM   #6
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10

I've never noticed yellow players being worse than lower leveled but fully rested players.

Now, I have always operated under the assumption that a player that was at 90% had each of his abilities reduced to 90%. So 80 strength would become 82, etc. However, if that is the case I don't notice it until they hit the red. Corners that become red are beat, while they are in the green they cannot be beat by the offense.

I also operate under the sim "experience matters" philosophy, and with that kind of deep line I would be getting them playing time to keep them from transferring.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 AM   #7
Rookie

NAdkins01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol
It all depends on if you depend on realism for your dynasty. For me, I like to get my younger players some experience and my more experienced players time to rest as the game goes on. It is an alternative way to get them playing time without having to resort to Mass Subs near the end of the game. It also allows you to promise Playing Time to recruits who you would like to see make an impact right away without pulling teeth to do so. That's just how I like to do things. Is it worth it? To me yes. To others ... well I can't really say. I can't really say if the "fatigue" factors in to actual gameplay. I'm not sure if the player being in yellow will actually start to show true fatigue traits and start to play at a slower pace, making mistakes, etc. It would certainly be a nice touch to the game, but I've not studied that far into it.
I haven't studied that far into it either but with this defensive front I am beginning to wonder. I don't play in a required sim league and am not as worried about getting the players time to stop them from transferring. I am in a very competitive league and am mainly looking to do what is best to get my best team on the field. If this means substituting more or less then I am all for it. I just wish I had proof one way or another I guess.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

This in turn causes my starters to "rotate" with my backups due to the low stamina rating. This is also effective for RB's or whatever position you want to see a decent rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »