Home

Anybody With Great Suggestions On How EA Can Implement Coaches That Matter?

This is a discussion on Anybody With Great Suggestions On How EA Can Implement Coaches That Matter? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Anybody With Great Suggestions On How EA Can Implement Coaches That Matter?

The coach ratings are a great idea. My question is how would the Recruiting rating actually effect recruiting? Right now they have it set up based on pitches and which pitches mean the most to recruits. So, if a coach has a horrible Recruiting rating should it affect the number of players interested in the program?

I wish they would take a page from College Hoops 2k4 when they had the e-mailing system where you could email a recruit or a recruit could email you and ask if he could come for an unofficial visit. You could turn him down or vice versa. You were actually collaborating with the recruits.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well for me, I would have the recruiting rating having a direct effect on how positive or negative the recruit respond to your pitches.

So lets say the higher the recruit rating, the more persuasive that coach is. For example:

Your are Army or Eastern Michigan. However your recruit rating is A.
Therefore you have the ability to persuade a blue chipper or 5 star rated stud from the state of Texas, Florida or California.

But on the flip side, if you are Alabama but rated F in recruiting, you run the risk of losing recruits because your pitches will have a higher penalty if you make the wrong pitch.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #11
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Well for me, I would have the recruiting rating having a direct effect on how positive or negative the recruit respond to your pitches.

So lets say the higher the recruit rating, the more persuasive that coach is. For example:

Your are Army or Eastern Michigan. However your recruit rating is A.
Therefore you have the ability to persuade a blue chipper or 5 star rated stud from the state of Texas, Florida or California.

But on the flip side, if you are Alabama but rated F in recruiting, you run the risk of losing recruits because your pitches will have a higher penalty if you make the wrong pitch.
Or you could base a percentage on the amount of points you can get. An A rated coach canget up to 100% of the possible points, B rated 80%, C rated 70% and so on and so forth. If this is done I think they should add the ability of who does the recruiting back from the older generations of NCAA, where you could send coordinators/other coaches/GAs on the trail.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Def good ideas; but I seriously doubt you will ever see them put money in the game. I would say a point system and the amout of points you have to use is based on either the prestige of your team or the success of your team. I'd lean more towards the prestige because IRL only the big boys have the big bucks to pay for top notch staffs. Some good ideas so far!
Not really true now that Kansas has hired Weis. KU isn't anywhere close to the "big boys" in terms of prestige, but they got an A coordinator to be their head coach.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Okay Skills...I got you.

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing EA doing...as is pertains to coaching is to remove Hard Commits until National Signing Day. IRL a commitment is not binding until the LOI is faxed in. Some recruits change their minds by the time NSD rolls around...and a lot of times its due to head coaches getting fired, taking other jobs or the team they verbaled to having losing seasons. They could tie this into coaching as well in the game. The way it is now, when a guy hard commits, it shows 2000 points beside the other team. They could do it like this...

Once a recruit commits, keep the points system going. If a recruit begins to have second thoughts as the season goes on, we can see the points dwindle and other programs making up ground. For some recruits, a coach getting fired is a BIG deal. So if that happens you will see a huge drop in points for the team he committed to and a huge gain for the team in 2nd or 3rd or whatever. It doesn't necessarily have to be the 2000 point total. Whatever it is it would make you have to keep tabs on your commits during the season if it's nothing but a phone call.

I'm sure EA wouldn't do that though lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »