Home

Run Defense

This is a discussion on Run Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Run Defense

4-3 cover 2 stops pretty much anything the outside.

I use a 3-4 normal cover 2 to stop the run myself.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Rookie

Thanks for all the help. I will for sure try these out. We are in the offseason now, so I cant wait to get to next year and hopefully get that National Championship that has been barely out of reach. This run defense has been a big thorn in my side.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Rookie

Just an update on what happened. I played one guy I didnt play last year but did play in the sec championship the year before that. In the sec champ. he had 506 yds total offense and over 120 yds rushing with his rb. This year I held him to 200 yds total offense and 49 yds rushing to his rb. It did matter that I was able to build a little lead and he started to pass more, but I am encouraged by the rush defense so far. I play my toughest teams late in the year so we will see. The 4-3 under really did help a lot. I could tell he was getting frustrated by my run d. Stunting the lines really helped as well. Thanks for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
Rookie

one thing a lot of people get killed with is depending on man blitzes to stop the run. with the way they made user controlling your player, man defense is suicide against the run
Old 01-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #13
Rookie

I played two more games against users. One user killed me with the run again. He mainly ran out of the ace formation. I had a few good stops but he had his way with me. He ran for 248 yds. I dont know why I couldnt stop that ace formation. It didnt help that it was raining and my wrs were dropping first downs and tds. The next game my run d was great, I held him to 56 yds rushing. He had killed me the year before. Overall my run d was great, I just couldnt stop that one guy. Anymore tips out there on stopping that ace formation? Again I missed my chance for the NC and I am just getting another BCS bowl game.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Have you tried the 4-4?

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 1

I have a very hard time stopping the counter plays out of any I formation or ace formation. Any Ideas ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pk556
I have a very hard time stopping the counter plays out of any I formation or ace formation. Any Ideas ?
3-4 cover 2 sink. Slant your line towards which why you think they are running it. By doing that you get a jump on the lineman that are pulling

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »