Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Sorry if you thought I was calling you out or calling you a liar. I was just wondering how much time it took to do all this. It's quite impressive.
Oh it is no problem.....It is a time consuming process. And at times you do get tired of seeing the same team play each other over and over and over again. But to me that is the best way to test stuff out, same 2 teams, that way it eliminates a lot of variables.

Then I always test stuff out on on coach mode. That eliminates human interference. This year with an actual coach mode from broadcast cam made testing even easier and better to be honest.

From that camera angle you get to see the whole field and see how the whole OL/DL interaction is playing out. When I see something of interest that happened on a particular play, I watch the instant replay of it about 5 times in a row, zooming in on the 2 players that were involved. Then look their ratings, write them down and see what was more or less then the other guy's rating that might have caused him to loose or win that situation.

Then I raise it & lower it to see if there is any difference in performance. Then basically do it for every rating, one rating at a time.

Honestly I get my biggest hmmm how did he do that move, type of response from watching scrub teams play. Those teams are rated more close to the max and min for ratings animation triggering. Where as power house schools are just plain over rated across the board, would take a person much longer to break them down.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0

some times I wish people like you had a input on the game. Sometimes when I play a game ex. Madden I think to myself do these people watch football did they ever play football. It just seems like a group of people like this fourm there simple ideas they throw around would make one of the best football games to date.

But instead we are all stuck with companies that are in bed with the nfl and other leagues and the fact they have to lead people on year to year.

it's just disappointing as I get older as being able to see the big factor that money rules all and the simple fact you put out a mediocre product and sell the same numbers year in and year out why change it?

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 12-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #19
Pro

yankees028's Arena

OVR: 0

I would also like to give you props because I played baylor in my dynasty Griffen had 36 yards rushing into the 4th quarter. I quit out once I saw this thread made the changes Griffen had 135 yards and really looked like a totaly different player.

Thank you

Former COD Pro / Streamer: xSiQx / CSn1pe
Old 12-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
NCAA 11 is programmed a tad bit different. In that game, what ever you had rated higher far as spin or juke, that was what the CPU RB used. However I haven't tested it out with 70BCV in NCAA 11.
Yeah, its pretty close for NCAA 11. Been testing this for a while lately, and I think the BCV for QBs fall in the 70-80 range.

I rerated the whole roster, and the thing that was killing me was seeing a QB pitch too soon. Figured the higher BCV was making his reads far too sensitive. In the 90's he would pitch if the defender would make a move on him, from 6 yards away, even if he was behind the QB.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6

These are great findings, but does anyone have a new roster up to reflect changes? I'd love to see em work right!
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #22
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I'm not playing the game anymore, but this is good stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 12-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #23
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

More Findings

70 Agility unlocks the special moves ratings for Running Backs and unlocks all the ratings for WRs. WRs are way more aggressive when it comes to attacking the ball. They actually jump for it now instead of just standing there flat footed.

96 Truck rating unlocks the truck animation, however they seem to do it way too early, like yards before contact. IMO the animation should be made over and have him dip his shoulder much lower.

Spin rating still seems to only happen when spin is in the 70s for RBs. Once you make it pass 79, they tend not do the move at all.

Juke can happen in the 90s, HOWEVER, elusiveness much be in the 70s or lower. And they seem to use it more out in space effectively then running up the middle.

Safe to say it isn't great to have high elusiveness at all if you want them to use other moves. Because this rating seems to cancel out the other special moves if it is in the 80s or above.

70 Ball Carrier Vision is definitely the key to better running AI. Works wonders for QBs, Running Backs, Full Backs, WRs and TEs. The thing I like about it the most is that when the QB does scramble, he scrambles OUTSIDE the tackle box some times and not always up the middle.

And when you throw to a WR for a short pass, it is a 50/50 chance he will turn it into a bigger play because he weaves in and out and not just in a straight line up the field.

So always pair up 70 agility and 70 BCV for the skill positions on offense. Make bubble screens, WR screens, TE screens, HB screens, middle screens, reverses, jet sweeps, option runs a thing of beauty to see.

Coaching Sliders

Hands down, the best CPU game play you will see is when the offense and defense is at MAX CONSERVATIVE. The AI uses way more of their play book on this setting and they can sustain drives much more often as well.

On the flip side, max aggressiveness, you see a lot of bad play calling, CPU having a hard time driving down the field and when they do get into the red zone, they stall out and end up kicking FGs a lot because they can't get into the end zone. They become dumb as nails basically.

So make sure you change it in the coaches roster file. Changing it in game doesn't have the same effect.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #24
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Skillz you are a bad mofo man! One question and I'm sure I know the answer; but just want to confirm it with you. The coaching sliders work the same as the run/pass slider correct? in other words if I want to do MAX Conservative I would go all the way to the left? Will def try these and rework the rosters on my days off next week!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »