Home

Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

This is a discussion on Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #49
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ratings Overall Break Down & some discoveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
NCAA 11 IMO has the best gameplay hands down after edits....

It seems like any rating you touch effects some aspect of gameplay regardless if it's high or low.

These types of threads and the wishlist threads makes you wonder do they (EA) really have game testers or not....

I don't even bother to speak much about ratings or the game anymore because after 5 years i feel as though with all the information posted and videos showing how ratings work and IMPACT gameplay it should be their job to finally take action on all this feedback.

The QB's in NCAA Football have been able to do a few things on the field quite differently after edits every single year. But why hasn't EA made this possible out of the box.

It's kinda like NCAA 09 the wide open gameplay and defense in that years version is vastly improved simply by increasing the pursuit ratings alone.
Yeah I just don't get it. It is like they living in denial or something. Some times it feels like I have just been talking to myself these past years. In 2011 it seems like EA was more interested in expanding their brand then fixing their brand.

IMO they spent way too much time expanding to Facebook, Twitter and Ipad. I find it ironic they will put their games out on Ipad but not PC. Got more PC owners then Ipad owners. Seriously you know how killer NCAA and Madden would be if it was out on PC ?

EA Sports lacks direction. They need to add another job role. Have a director of Game Play AI, which I nominate myself of course LOL. But seriously they need a person who main job is to make sure the CPU can do and do the same thing as a human player can.

That is something EA Sports have never done correctly. Sure they have all the plays in the game, but the CPU pick dumb plays most of the time in the wrong situations. Then add on top of that, bad blocking execution and bad ball carrier vision execution, you end up with a mess.

They need to stop sugar coating their sports games. They are too worried of offending their consumer base if their games play too realistic. I hear it from the Game Changers all the time, oh we can't do that, then that would frighten people away if fouls were called or if you had a 50/50 chance of your punt or FG being blocked at all times.

BS I say. Time to take the training wheels off and teach these kids how the sport is REALLY played. Teach them that hey in real life, you really do have a 50/50 chance of your punt or FG being blocked at all times.

That in real life, pass interference, illegal touching and defensive holding actual does exist. That in real life, punt returners and kick off returners actually use the entire field when they return and very rarely run in a straight line the entire time they are returning.

Ask yourself this people........When was the last time you ever seen the CPU return a Punt for a TD in NCAA or Madden ?

When was the last time you had your punt blocked by the CPU outside of being backed into your own end zone ?

Why is it out of all the penalties that actually exist, only some of them are in the game but the only ones actually called are holding, clipping, false start and face mask ? But yet in the PS2 days they had them all and called them all ?

Every year they sugar coat and water down NCAA and Madden. Realism sells, sells quite well. MLB The Show sells well, NBA 2K sells well, FIFA sells well.

But for some reason............when it comes to Madden and NCAA, they want to sugar coat it and water it down. Consumers really should feel offended that their intelligence is being insulted. Because in reality what EA Sports is saying is that your average Madden and NCAA consumer can't handle the true nature of football. It would be too hard and too complicated for them to understand. Therefore we must water it down and sugar coat it for them for they can win often and feel better about themselves. False sense of accomplishment and stick skills.

If I was hired and working there, game play AI would be my number one priority. Just call be the Producer of Game Play AI, that would be my title.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:12 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 19

Maybe the issue with these Gamechangers is that they don't do the deep editing that some of us do, thus they really don't grasp what we're trying to get them to ask and/or they just believe our findings are nothing more than a placebo effect.

Remember we had this issue with the "LT Trigger" and rather than test to see if there was something to it, someone associated with EA just came in the thread and said there was nothing there.

No I/we tested to see and found/concluded this.
Just there is nothing there to what some are seeing.

I believe this is the attitude taken towards anything that we test and find.
Afterall, they are the ones that make the game and have the expertise.

God forbid someone not on the dev team actually provides a way to improve the game with what's already there.

Ben already showed his High-mindedness when comparing their issues vs Madden.

"How dare a GotsMadSkillz, Playmaker, Tomba and others alike suggest that what they do is better than what we can do"

Years of suggestions with video support and little of those findings have yet to be implem ented.

Just what I think.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #51
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I think, to an extent playmakers, GMSS, you guys are wasting your time. I think it's great what you guys are finding. Hell, you guys are changing the way the game plays and feels. BUT, if I wanna go do a dynasty, unless I wanna spend hours upon hours each year, not worth it. I also think that EA believes their game is just fine. We already know either they don't test or suck at it. Remember no huddle being screwed up after a patch? No huddle? No huddle is as regular and basic as CFB gets. How do you miss that? Again, the findings you guys are uncovering is awesome, just feel it'll be all for not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 5

Great find with the the coaching sliders. They make a HUGE difference in CPU playcalling. You can get All-American to play like Heisman (wrt playcalling) by setting to max conservative. I was testing with air raid team, on AA they call that stupid 4 verts or other terrible play way too often. On conservative I was getting torn by my mesh, stick, levels, etc. The CPU attacks the whole field. This makes AA playable imo.

I haven't tested the defensive coach slider though. I find they CPU is pretty good this year, with mostly 5 man blitzes and some 6 max (thank god no more 7+ man blitzes). I read somewhere that CPU never 6 man blitzes on max conservative, what si your observation ?
Old 01-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #53
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

The amount of blitzes is more varied and happens more correctly during the right situations. Very rarely would see an all out send everybody type of blitz.

Very nice mixture. Sometimes you will get 1 corner blitz, a FS blitz or just the 2 inside LB blitzing. But never that send everybody or both CBs type of blitz. They also bluff a lot of blitzes but drop everybody back into zone. Which is something I like because it throws you off.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:36 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The amount of blitzes is more varied and happens more correctly during the right situations. Very rarely would see an all out send everybody type of blitz.

Very nice mixture. Sometimes you will get 1 corner blitz, a FS blitz or just the 2 inside LB blitzing. But never that send everybody or both CBs type of blitz. They also bluff a lot of blitzes but drop everybody back into zone. Which is something I like because it throws you off.
Sounds good. It also seems you can finally get a good CPU rushing game on AA. I was playing Heisman because of this, but ratings seem to matter more on AA and gives a better variety of games. Every team on Heisman can throw for 300 yards
Old 01-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #55
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Maybe the issue with these Gamechangers is that they don't do the deep editing that some of us do, thus they really don't grasp what we're trying to get them to ask and/or they just believe our findings are nothing more than a placebo effect.

Remember we had this issue with the "LT Trigger" and rather than test to see if there was something to it, someone associated with EA just came in the thread and said there was nothing there.

No I/we tested to see and found/concluded this.
Just there is nothing there to what some are seeing.

I believe this is the attitude taken towards anything that we test and find.
Afterall, they are the ones that make the game and have the expertise.

God forbid someone not on the dev team actually provides a way to improve the game with what's already there.

Ben already showed his High-mindedness when comparing their issues vs Madden.

"How dare a GotsMadSkillz, Playmaker, Tomba and others alike suggest that what they do is better than what we can do"

Years of suggestions with video support and little of those findings have yet to be implem ented.

Just what I think.
Yeah......IMO that is the main problem with the Game Changers. Being that they are mainly being used as a promotional tool instead of an extended QA they don't edit rosters at all. Why ? Because they have to promote the game and host online franchises and online dynasties.

And as well all know, if you play online, you can't edit the roster other then changing the name. However the Game Changers aren't even allowed to have names on their rosters when they are recording videos for EA because EA can't put a named roster on their website.

That being said, a good amount of them can careless what the CPU does or doesn't do because they rarely play against the CPU anyway. Majority of their gaming is online.

Then you have those in the program that have that I'm better then you because I get to go to Orlando and hang around the makers of the game type of arrogance attitude. Therefore you can't tell me anything. They think they are rock stars because they so happen to have developers email addresses and Gamer Tags.

I experienced this last year in July when I discovered the roster glitch. 3 of the Game Changers came straight out and said it was BS and just dismissed it without even testing it. Their excuse for dismissing it ? Scrambling QBs don't scramble every play , so therefore they just dismissed it and treated me like I was some little kid whining about my favorite player didn't scramble 30 times a game. They didn't test it, didn't acknowledge it, all got was a GTFO out of here and go back to OS with that BS.

Hell even before last year incident, the year before when I was complaining about the lack of QB scrambles in NCAA 11, it was the SAME Game Changers who said who cares, scrambling QB not going to enhance the game or make it better. It isn't a back of the box feature. Online dynasty is more important.

So IMO the whole Game Changers program needs to be scrapped or replaced with better people. Some of them don't have good people skills at all. Some of them are arrogant and close minded, hell most of them don't even reply to you unless you either in the program like them or you playing in one of their online leagues or dynasties. If it isn't going to enhance their own website or radio show, they don't want to hear it or talk about it.

It is too agenda driven. Instead of being a voice of the gaming community, it is more a I am using this program to enhance my own website or radio show. Let me slap I'm a game changer emblem on my website, twitter page or radio show page, that way I can increase my followers and membership numbers by 70%.

And in the end, it is the consumers who lose out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #56
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

What entity handles the NCAA/NFL licensing with EA? Because it seems like when the NCAA/NFL says "we dont like this or that", "we dont want in-game player suspensions", "we dont want the game being sold for a cheap price" or XYZ, EA bends over backwards to fix it. Maybe if we showed those groups that the game is flawed, they will ask for change. Just my two cents.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »