Home

carousel needs revamp

This is a discussion on carousel needs revamp within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0
carousel needs revamp

Ok. Just got this game over a month ago and got hooked on the dynasty coach-only mode. Great game (special thanks to all those who post their sliders to make this mode more realistic by the way) but the carousel needs some work.

Took USC to start and wound up winning the BCS title the last 5 years of my 8 year reign. The game is getting boring so I decide to move on. But despite my 5 titles, A+ prestige and loyalty ratings, the only HC offers come from Idaho, New Mexico, Tulane etc.

Took a HC job at Iowa State which lasted a year and now am OC at Texas.

Sorry but that ain't right. The carousel seems built for moves up and down the ladder but not for parallel moves.

Has anyone else been subject to this - lol - 'disrespect'?

Last edited by Trojan32; 12-26-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #2
Pro

khaled's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: carousel needs revamp

I see what you're saying, when you made it big you can't move, but does that really happen in real life?

If Saban got bored and left Bama, out of OSU, UF, USC, LSU, OU, UO, and UT, who would fire their coach and hire him? If you would have waited you would get job offers from those programs when their coaches retire, you would probably get offered.

I get what you're saying though.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:28 AM   #3
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Are you skipping the carousel and going directly to your offers?

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Rookie

Trojan32's Arena

OVR: 0

Khaled - agree with your point but even when I 'left SC' there were openings at major prestige schools and I didn't get a sniff. Even three years into leaving, major schools are hiring from within or from lower ranked schools.

Bruinkid - No. I am going through the whole carousel part.

Thanks for the response...
Old 12-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

this exact same thing is happening to me. I started at Rutgers OC, went 6-6 got fired. Went to Western Michigan as HC proceeded to win 3 NC and the Rose Bowl. Decided it was time to move on and the only HC job that I was offered was at SMU. I have been at SMU for 7 years won 4 NC's Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Sugar Bowl. I decided it is time to move on and I have only been offered 1 HC spot at Wyoming. WTF is wrong with this game? I have tried to load the dynasty and try it multiple times to see about different offers, but that does not work. What are we doing wrong? Are we supposed to be mediocre coaches and then we will get a big HC offer?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I had something similar happen but in reverse; I was fired after having 5/6 winning seasons with my Teambuilder squad.

After two 10-win seasons (plus bowl victories) I lost the bulk of my starters and dropped to 7-6 (bowl victory) but managed to get a three year extension. The following season I was in full on rebuild mode and went 4-8 and failed a lot of goals. The next two seasons I went undefeated and 10-2 but stayed on the hot seat the entire time and was fired after the final season.

Nearly 50 wins in six seasons and I got canned because of one losing season despite a quick rebuild following the stumble; I haven't touched dynasty mode since.

Last edited by prowler; 12-26-2011 at 04:42 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #7
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

OVR: 1

The logic definitely needs to be reworked.

In my offline dynasties, I've seen several 5-6 star schools hire coordinators from small schools with losing records. Best of all, I don't even get an offer, 5 years at one school as head coach (now a 6 star school) and A+ prestige.

LSU just hired a coordinator from a 2 star school, with a 4-8 record. What are the chances that happens in real life?? LSU fans would riot.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

This thread makes me happy I turned off Coaching Contracts/Carousel in my latest dynasty. I don't mind that my coach prestige is at a D, because the rosters I downloaded have edited each coach in the entire NCAA to be a D, with only a select few at a D+. Thus making that pitch the same for each school/coach.

Hopefully with this going into its 2nd year in NCAA 13, they'll have worked out all these bugs and it'll be a really awesome mode for everyone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »