Home

I can't pass worth **** in this game.

This is a discussion on I can't pass worth **** in this game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 PM   #17
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I can't pass worth **** in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Turtles
I play on Heisman with one of the many available slider sets, but I don't know for sure which one it is.

I usually play with weaker teams (in a dynasty right now with Memphis), and I complete about 60% of my passes and usually throw for 400 yards or more per game. I've learned when I can fit things in and over the defense. The LT button has also helped tremendously.
I used to throw to guys that I had a clear line of sight to, but now I've started fitting passes over short defenders a lot more, especially on corner and deep out routes. I've had a ton of success running Flood and Z Spot out of trips by just adding the slightest bit of touch and directional aiming you can fit it over the short zones and have a ton of success.

Obviously it isn't something I'd risk with a poor QB, but I run a Dana Holgorsen air raid out of Pistol/Gun and my QB's have been Weeden and Chelf at Okie State, a very developed Tajh Boyd and now 99 throw accuracy Cole Stoudt as a JR at Clemson and then Bryant Moniz at Hawai'i. My goal is to recruit a B THP/THA QB every two years in my dynasties so when they are ready to start, they are in the 90's in both.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

My advise to you is to go into practice mode and work on your directional throwing and ball placement with the left stick.. Work on your touch and figure out the certain angles you have to use on certain throws to fit passes in tight windows and lead WRs into the right spot.. Once you master using the left stick passing becomes so easy.. There's not a route on this game I have trouble throwing because I use the left stick. It takes a little bit but you'll figure it out if you practice at it.

Also like others said you also need to start recognizing coverages and know where to go with the ball when you see the defense in certain coverages. Don't stay locked in on your first read for too long. Be ready to dump it down to your next option or 2 if your first read is covered. If you stare down your first read too long bad things happen like sacks and INTs because of forced passes.. Check the replay of all your passes to see where you could have went with the ball but instead you made a bad read. It's like watching film on yourself and seeing the mistakes you made.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #19
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I used to throw to guys that I had a clear line of sight to, but now I've started fitting passes over short defenders a lot more, especially on corner and deep out routes. I've had a ton of success running Flood and Z Spot out of trips by just adding the slightest bit of touch and directional aiming you can fit it over the short zones and have a ton of success.

Obviously it isn't something I'd risk with a poor QB, but I run a Dana Holgorsen air raid out of Pistol/Gun and my QB's have been Weeden and Chelf at Okie State, a very developed Tajh Boyd and now 99 throw accuracy Cole Stoudt as a JR at Clemson and then Bryant Moniz at Hawai'i. My goal is to recruit a B THP/THA QB every two years in my dynasties so when they are ready to start, they are in the 90's in both.
Yeah the directional throw button has increased my game dramatically. It allows me to fit passes in over the short zones. That is especially helpful when the corner plays a short zone and the safeties play 2/3 deep over top. Once the corner bumps and releases the WR to the next level, I can zing it over the LB/CBs short to the receiver for a huge gainer.

I run Arizona's air raid and have tremendous success throwing the ball. I just read the defense, watch my reads and make sure I have a clean shot at completing the pass. The only passes I usually throw incomplete are ones knocked down at the line, or ones that my QB throws a terrible pass on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »