Home

Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

This is a discussion on Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #25
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Running Backs Skinny Arm Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
That's too subjective for me to answer. Do they look like the images you showed above? No. Do they look fine? They do to me, but I'm not as obsessed with some of these things as many people. I play more NCAA than damn near anyone but I've never even noticed this in game.
So you have never edited a 240lb RB an saw his arms going from bulky to twigs?. I find that hard to believe as it.s a known glitch especially with the picture mm provided. Now if you have access to NCAA 13 and tried to edit arms and bodyparts of rbs and it actually worked then maybe it's been fixed..But in the past it has definently been a known glitch with the editing system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #26
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

Exactly...if you've played this game enough, you KNOW this has been a big issue the last 3-4 years. A 240 lb running back should not look like Desean Jackson from the Eagles. This has killed the appearance...I hope to God this has been addressed. I want to create a big Brandon Jacobs-type running back with big solid arms and a solid frame.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #27
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

EA you need to fix this issue. In years past I have had to move DT's, LB's and TE's to RB in order to capture a true physical appearance of a Power Back like Earl Campbell

We shouldn't have to spend 1-2 hours on any players just to fix their arms

I'm glad the OP created this thread becuse it's been something that has been neglected for the last 3 years it seems.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 04-20-2012, 02:35 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 39

That's how receivers and QB's should look
Old 04-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #29
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Shaun, I was laying in bed and thought of something last night. Do this for me. Do the change like I mentioned...find a running back with say arms at 40 default, increase them to 100. in the player editor, the running back will look like he has HUGE/thick arms. Go to practice mode, run a play with that running back and look at the replay. If you see him in the practice mode, (at least in the last 4 years of NCAA), he looks like the skeleton of the guy that you edited in the player editor. This issue does not show up until the guy is IN game.

In other words, in the editor, the guy will look buff and like he has been eating plenty of protein. But once you go into the game, the glitch comes out and he will look like Paris Hilton. Try this, and then report back. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating that the running backs look so awesome in the editor, but then once the game starts....he looks like he hasn't eat in about 6 months. Thanks Shaun!

Old 04-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #30
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Shaun, I was laying in bed and thought of something last night. Do this for me. Do the change like I mentioned...find a running back with say arms at 40 default, increase them to 100. in the player editor, the running back will look like he has HUGE/thick arms. Go to practice mode, run a play with that running back and look at the replay. If you see him in the practice mode, (at least in the last 4 years of NCAA), he looks like the skeleton of the guy that you edited in the player editor. This issue does not show up until the guy is IN game.

In other words, in the editor, the guy will look buff and like he has been eating plenty of protein. But once you go into the game, the glitch comes out and he will look like Paris Hilton. Try this, and then report back. This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating that the running backs look so awesome in the editor, but then once the game starts....he looks like he hasn't eat in about 6 months. Thanks Shaun!
I'll try it in a few.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #31
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
Exactly...if you've played this game enough, you KNOW this has been a big issue the last 3-4 years. A 240 lb running back should not look like Desean Jackson from the Eagles. This has killed the appearance...I hope to God this has been addressed. I want to create a big Brandon Jacobs-type running back with big solid arms and a solid frame.
I play the hell out of the game, but I don't ever edit players. That's why I'm digging through the forum for things I'd never look at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #32
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Let me know what you find out Shaun! I didn't mean that is a bash on you, but I play the hell out of these games...I played NCAA from July 2010 through September 2011 when I started NCAA 12, and I am still playing it to this day, and it has been evident on EVERY single one of my running backs. I get wrapped up in these games and I edit my teams to make them look as realistic as possible.

After you try this out, let me know what you find.

BTW, I haven't seen it listed anywhere...how do you have affiliation with this game/EA? I must have missed it!

Thanks again!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »