Home

Red River Shootout=Ordinary game for EA

This is a discussion on Red River Shootout=Ordinary game for EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
Red River Shootout=Ordinary game for EA

So I just played the Red River shootout and I was #8 Ranked Texas coming into the game playing #1 Oklahoma. Love them or hate them, people can agree with two high ranked teams coming into this game its easily a very big and important game for both teams.

Long story short, I beat 1# OU in triple overtime. The problem here: nobody cares. The commentary was stale at best, the instant replay of the play of the game was chopped in half, the players didn't really show any emotion.

There was no post game show, since I am the home team, nobody cheered when OU scored despite the fact we were playing at a neutral field and OU fans travel well.
To top it all off, this game didn't even make the ESPN instant Classic!

I recently watched the Cotton bowl. Despite its not a BCS bowl game and the ending result, It was very enjoyable to watch. The commentary had passion and emotion, the crowds were in the game, the bands were playing and didnt stop right when a play was ran like in this game.

Now we may never get the Stadium atmosphere/commentary like we have in real life games but I hope that some day we can come pretty close.

Ive just played one of the biggest games in the season but it feels just the same as playing RICE or some other low rated D-I school. Maybe in NCAA 16 this will change.

What a Bummer.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Red River Shootout=Ordinary game for EA

This is one of my biggest disappointments with '12. The atmosphere and commentary are extremely stale. I think I've used the word 'stale' non-stop in this forum. I actually like the gameplay and although it needs some tweaks it's getting there.

But the atmosphere is dead in this game. Stadiums should get loud and even louder in big time games. The commentary hasn't changed in years, literally, while in other games you've not only have better commentary but you also have dynamic commentary. Dynamic presentation.

I've bought this game new every year since the Bill Walsh days. I think I'm going to wait and rent next year.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
MVP

Travis40's Arena

OVR: 7

In my dynasty, I was playing as #1 Oklahoma against #2 Boise State in the MNC in New Orleans, and when I was playing, the stadium was full of Boise fans. It wasn't 50/50, it wasn't 60/40, it was 95/5 Boise fans. It hasn't been the first time I've had this problem, and little things like this kill the game for me.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Yeah EA really needs to work on the atmosphere of games...big games should feel like big games.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 01-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 17

any game Gus Johnson calls sounds like the national championship, he called the Cotton Bowl.. too bad these games will never have that feel like real life, 2K11 and 12 have excellent commentary but it just repeats itself after awhile. At least its not a bunch of one liners like this game

what really kills the game for me is when crap happens that shouldn't, when I see super LBs, WRs not even trying, god-awful blocking, insane CPU comebacks, etc the game atmosphere is already out the window and something I'm not even thinking about. IMO, they can make a game atmosphere feel like real life but if the actual football game is terrible, it won't be fun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Yeah EA really needs to work on the atmosphere of games...big games should feel like big games.
Wasn't that supposed to be one of EA's "big improvements" of this years game?
NCAA: Kansas Jayhawks
Old 01-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis40
In my dynasty, I was playing as #1 Oklahoma against #2 Boise State in the MNC in New Orleans, and when I was playing, the stadium was full of Boise fans. It wasn't 50/50, it wasn't 60/40, it was 95/5 Boise fans. It hasn't been the first time I've had this problem, and little things like this kill the game for me.
I've noticed this, too. I've been in 5 Championship games. And in all of thm the crowd was very pro-the other team. I always check the game preview and in all five of those games, Herbie's face was by the other team. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it...
Old 01-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes, I agree with the OP 100%. In fact I just remembered this a few days ago in my Georgia dynasty with a nuetral site game in Jacksonville against the Gators. They were definitly the "home team", (which I am pretty sure also came with some "under the hood" home field advantage....which I like....when it is really home field).

Back on NCAA 2003, I remember how awesome it was that they had nuetral site games. And it wasn't too big of a deal that one team really was the home team....something to "fix for next year". But jeez, here we are in 2012, and this is still an issue???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »