Home

Coaching Carousel - What Happens?

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel - What Happens? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coaching Carousel - What Happens?

It sucks how it is set up where you can't see all the jobs on the table at once... this off-season I was offered Rutgers head coach but passed although I kind of wanted it... I was OC at Oregon State.

I didn't want to be an OC anymore but as the alphabet was coming to a close I jumped at the LSU OC job just because I was worried I wouldn't get a position.

So this is the question:

What happens if you turn down all jobs in the coaching carousel? Does anyone know?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Rookie

KingNick865's Arena

Re: Coaching Carousel - What Happens?

I'm not quite sure. My guess would be that you'd end up signing the contract with the school you were already with.

Could be wrong on that though.
NHL: Nashville Predators
Soccer: FC Barcelona
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick865
I'm not quite sure. My guess would be that you'd end up signing the contract with the school you were already with.

Could be wrong on that though.
I should have rode it out and seen... this LSU team is a shell of the program.

Hmm...

Sucks that EA has this stupid alphabet system
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Jeff George's Arena

OVR: 3

Was your contract not renewed at Oregon State, or were you just open to other offers?

The reason they don't show you all jobs at once is to simulate the real-life coaching carousel, because coaches leaving to take other jobs create new vacancies. You can't know what jobs will be open ahead of time. For instance, Dennis Erickson gets fired at Arizona State and Todd Graham is hired away from Pitt. Pitt needs a new HC, so they hire Paul Chryst from Wisconsin. Now Wisconsin needs a new OC. And so on.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff George
Was your contract not renewed at Oregon State, or were you just open to other offers?

The reason they don't show you all jobs at once is to simulate the real-life coaching carousel, because coaches leaving to take other jobs create new vacancies. You can't know what jobs will be open ahead of time. For instance, Dennis Erickson gets fired at Arizona State and Todd Graham is hired away from Pitt. Pitt needs a new HC, so they hire Paul Chryst from Wisconsin. Now Wisconsin needs a new OC. And so on.
I did well at Oregon State but didn't want to renew. I wanted a HC job.

I see your point about the carousel with new positions becoming available but there are some positions that are open immediately after the close of the season that everyone knows will be open beforehand.

Thus may I suggest a week by week style where week 1 all known jobs are open... and as the weeks progress the unpredictable jobs will open. This will play out sort of like the FA signing process in Madden.

Anyway, just sucks feeling like you have to snatch up a job based on the alphabet not knowing what else is out there... where real life has nothing to do with ABC's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #6
Rookie

So I found out what happens... and once again...

F*ck EA...

You get forced to take the last job alphabetically offered to you.

4 Years at ULM... 5 Years at Oregon State and a Rose Bowl Bid... 2 Years at LSU...

Where does it get me?

After fielding a list of unacceptable offers I am....

OC at Akron... are you kidding me? These 2 years will be simmed to say the least...
Old 01-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #7
Rookie

We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.

Now what do we do, stay under our new contracts and take the best possible job next season? Or since this seems unfair and unrealistic, can we leave the dynasty and be invited back to take our old jobs back after creating new coaches? There isnt a question of if our commish is okay with this cause it would be okay to do considering how unfair this system is, rather we're wondering if you can rejoin an OD after leaving?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymuffler
We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.

Now what do we do, stay under our new contracts and take the best possible job next season? Or since this seems unfair and unrealistic, can we leave the dynasty and be invited back to take our old jobs back after creating new coaches? There isnt a question of if our commish is okay with this cause it would be okay to do considering how unfair this system is, rather we're wondering if you can rejoin an OD after leaving?

From a realism standpoint, I say make a new coach and start over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »