Home

Your Ideal Offense

This is a discussion on Your Ideal Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Your Ideal Offense

Great thread Power!
With so many great approaches to offense, I often find my self running with so many different teams.

In my ideal offense I build off of concepts from Holgs and some of the stuff Maryland and Arizona State runs, and use Shotgun Spread Flex as my base formation.
I run some read option and PA read bubble to set up an aggressive vertical attack. I am doing this from NCAA '11, so unfortunately I don't have the option for custum PBs, but ULM's PB takes care of most of my needs.
I convert TEs to inside receivers for a physical presence and an easy transition from spread formations to 2 TE sets when running No Huddle.

I also love running with Nebraska and using WVU's PB in '11. It feels pretty similar to what they ran this year, with speed options out of Ace, tripple options out of I-form, and reads out of Shotgun. Have a ton of fun running with this.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Rookie

DMil55's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Do you use a default playbook for Oregon or a custom one? I've been trying to put together a custom one but I'm struggling figuring out how to organize it.
Currently I use the default playbook, I just pick and choose my plays carefully and stay true to Oregon offensive strategy as much aa possible. Im running into the same problem with trying to organize my custom playbook. Its a work in progress but these threads have brought back my interest in completing it. What advice do you have for recreating Oregons spread?
Also I meant to ask you in the other thread but where is a good place I could get some real playbooks? The only ones I have are from high school but I would like to get some spread style playbooks to study
New York Yankees

" WIN THE DAY "
Old 01-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #19
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I like a "pro" style. Fullback, multiple TE's and a couple speedy receivers. Nothing too fancy except I like to be a pass first team, use short routes to set up throws downfield, then when you loosen them up pound them with the run. I prefer mostly "I" formations, strong/weak and far/near.

Last edited by heitkamp94; 01-20-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Very similar to what VaTech runs with some power, some spread, some pistol but with some emphasis on getting the H-Back (TE/FB hybrid) the ball. I like to run outta shotgun and pass from UC to throw the defense off.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 01-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #21
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Spread No Huddle with a heavy emphasis on screens and spacing routes to set up draw plays. I like to utilize as many receivers as possible. It's so much easier to win by technique and positioning than it is to win by power.

The reason I use no huddle is not to wind the defense, but to give me as much time as possible to make route adjustments. There's almost never a play without an adjusted route or a TE/HB called into pick up a defender

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #22
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm actually aspiring to be a football coach at some point in my life. I am only 18, but I'd loved football for a majority of my life.

Anyway, I've always wanted my school to run the Pistol offense. There is so much in that offense and it really works decently for the teams in the NCAA that use it. If I ever do become a coach for HS or College (or even the NFL) I'd definitely try to add in some pistol plays. I remember a year or two ago when the Steelers ran the pistol because Big Ben was on an injured leg and couldn't play under center so they put him in the pistol. Worked great for the game or two the Steelers used it.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I like to run a Pro-style. I like to run alot of single backfields and spread out the defense with 3 and 4 WRs sets. I like to have a fast RB that I can use in passing game. I havent had a great QB yet for my offense. I just had game managers for my offense. I like to have WRs with good RR. I like to have a Playmaking WR as my Slot WR. I like to run WR screens, HBs Screens, HB Swings and Offset Swings. My goal is to control the ball and the clock.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #24
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
In NCAA 12, my custom playbooks make use of every single formation type and I will use every formation throughout the course of a game most of the time. The offense revolves around motion on just about every play. I hope we can motion more than one person in NCAA 13.

If it's moving a tight end out wide, moving a WR, or moving a halfback out wide, I always search for mismatches against the defense. If you use a multitude of formations and have the talent to pull it off, you can take advantage of virtually anything the defense tries to do. 80 % of my playbook is some variation of Shotgun, I, or Ace, but I also throw in Pro, Far, and Pistol-Cross quite a bit as well.

The actual playcalling is pretty balanced, but the passing game is very similar to a Mike McCarthy style west coast offense with plenty of vertical routes to keep the defense honest. I run the ball more than he does though.

The counter is the backbone of my running game. Wish they'd bring back more counter runs like the Trey in more formations. If I can run counter and power and gain yardage, I'll run it all game and play-action pass off of that. I don't really need a mobile QB, just one who's able to keep the defense honest on the bootleg.

Some of my favorite passing concepts were really deadly on last generation with the ball trajectory more accurate and head tracking. I love the Deep Out / Post combo. I run a lot of Flood, most notably the Go / Curl / Rub combo. I also like the Quick Slant and Deep Comeback when a receiver is isolated on one side of the field against man coverage.

I consider myself to be pretty smart when it comes to offense. A lot of people tell me my style on offense is virtually unstoppable if I'm executing on the stick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »