Home

If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13...

This is a discussion on If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2012, 07:17 PM   #17
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: If everything 'on the field' stayed exactly the same for NCAA 13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
no....the problem is, they advertise all these new features, in the commercials and on the back of the box. And when you buy the game, it's the same game from last year and the year before that. If NCAA 13 comes with better crowd animations and better audio commentary (which actually sucks but I dont pay attention), I dont want NCAA 13. NCAA 13 needs new o-line coding, new infraction coding (i think there's like 12 types of penalties in NCAA and i've only seen 2 of them called EVER in gameplay), more variety in special teams outcomes, and needs to get rid of Jesus LBs. Outside of that, everything else is fluff.
I hear this argument, that it's the same game. I cannot play Madden/NCAA 11. I can't go back. The changes made in the game this year are too much, I can't step backwards. I don't think I can call a more realistic means to tackle "fluff."
Old 01-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Tackling isn't even more realistic. In both Madden 12 and NCAA 12 players with high hit power don't tackle you at all, they push you.

Hell even regular tackles when they are too far out, they push you as well, instead of grabbing you. You see very few actual wrap tackles in NCAA 12 and Madden 12.

And when they do actually grab you, it is usually high on your shoulder pads and they drag you down in a weird angle that would either be the following in real life:

(A) Be called for a horse collar

(B) Couldn't happen because of the angle and difference between weight & momentum

Seriously somebody show me a NEW tackle animation in Madden 12 and NCAA 12 that I didn't see in the past 6 years.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

I do want to see commentary improved. But gameplay HAS to be #1 priority.
Presentation/Atsmosphere isnt the reason why I dont play the game as much, Gameplay is. OL/DL and WR/DB interaction, lack of special moves, under throws/no arches, mirroring is one of the reasons. Thanks to Gotz, I can work around the Super LBs/DBs.
One of the things if not fixed I will not buy the game is CPU Playcalling. I dont like that I cant call plays without the CPU adjusting to it. It is rare that I call a screen that isnt in man coverage and the defender gets into a position to shut down play. I have to audible to call certain plays. I am letting the CPU dicate how I play the game.
APF 2k8 didnt have much depth, but the gameplay was good enough to keep me around for a while.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:45 AM   #20
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Seriously somebody show me a NEW tackle animation in Madden 12 and NCAA 12 that I didn't see in the past 6 years.
Someone finishing off a tackle while the ball carrier was already wrapped up? The ball carrier pushing a defender forward until a LB kills the momentum?

My favorite animation from prior iterations: one person making a tackle while everyone else falling around him like bowling pins, then watching the ball carrier break that tackle and run for 30 more yards while 4 guys lay around him in a heap.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:52 AM   #21
Rookie

dymndheartkilla's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Someone finishing off a tackle while the ball carrier was already wrapped up? The ball carrier pushing a defender forward until a LB kills the momentum?

My favorite animation from prior iterations: one person making a tackle while everyone else falling around him like bowling pins, then watching the ball carrier break that tackle and run for 30 more yards while 4 guys lay around him in a heap.
True......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 02:34 AM   #22
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12

i don't know about the fans being 3D but i'm having fun with this year's game. with all it's flaws, if the gameplay stayed the same and all other things were upgraded significantly like presentation, commentary, dynasty features and RTG, yeah i'd buy it. without question. hopefully they tackle the gameplay fully the next go around but i can see the OPs point.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #23
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

IMO NCAA13 needs a complete overhaul of player models and FULLY customizable{arms legs hair, hair length etc} . when you create a free safety his default player models should not be bigger than if you create a strong safety ..they need to implicate many more camera angles as does nba2k12 that are customizable<<< this would be a huge point for me as i like to play on different angles from time 2 time to keep a game from getting stale...also the announcing on nba2k12 is some of the best ive heard in a sports game why not go the same rout EA? Implement a 3 man booth and start from scratch. why do we get the same ole half a**ed commmentary every year??? there should available uniform updates throughout the season why do we get stuck using last years pro combat uni's???...lastly gameplay is most important how many schools run the spread offense these days ??why cant i ever run the ball out of the shotgun when this is how most college offenses operate fix it finally will ya man is that annoying that i cant run a realistic college offense..yea the playbooks are there but how many of those plays will accually work if set up properly??
Old 01-27-2012, 01:38 AM   #24
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I hear this argument, that it's the same game. I cannot play Madden/NCAA 11. I can't go back. The changes made in the game this year are too much, I can't step backwards. I don't think I can call a more realistic means to tackle "fluff."
I was a little harsh....the animations have changed. That's the not the point. There are still the same errors and issues from years past: linebackers jumping up 4 and half feet in the air to knockdown passes intended for receivers 10 yards behind them. That has to stop. The blocking, in both passing and running. I mean, some of the replays are pure comedy. The canned animations, in particular on the speed option plays and the play action? I dont even run those plays anymore.

I have noticed the new tackles, I love that. But that's saying "let's fix this thing over here, that way they won't talk about that group of stuff over there". When I say "it's the same game", it still feels the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »