Home

Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

This is a discussion on Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #41
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Nothin' but a Winner - Xbox 360 OD.

Tigers implode during second half against Bulldogs.

Different Tigers, better team... same result. Chalk up another win for the Bulldogs, 42-24.

The game looked nothing short of heart-breaking during the first quarter, with Auburn quickly stretching it out with a 14-0 lead. The Bulldogs would close the gap to 24-21 by half time, and never looked back.

Trotter was untouchable in the first half, with Auburn giving him room and time to complete two touchdown completions among many others. With the start of the second half, their offensive line seemingly imploded... as did Trotter's confidence.

Cox led the Bulldogs' defensive attack with four sacks and five other tackles. The Bulldogs would account for a total of ten sacks against the broken down Auburn offense during the second half.

Capping off the 21-0 second-half route was a fourth-quarter 33-yard touchdown run by Vick Ballard, his third all-purpose touchdown for the game. Despite throwing two interceptions, Relf came through with a decent showing, 8-24 with 199 yards and three touchdown completions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #42
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNumber35
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

But my bad on misreading the comment my man, I just saw a potential Big Ten rip and had to defend my boys haha.

Either way, a slider change should be good, will really tone down the stats a little bit, although I hope I can still get 200 yards rushing a game...that is my gameplan going in since Marve is honestly really bad and Bolden takes the pressure off him to win the game with his water gun of an arm lol.

Overall, I think that this is gonna be a fun dynasty to play in...even if I have to play as that one team from Indiana instead of the ol' Maize and Blue
I'm not hating on the Big Ten. I'm a student at Indiana University. Maybe next year we'll have a football team too instead of male cheerleaders in pads.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #43
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_Package
I'm not hating on the Big Ten. I'm a student at Indiana University. Maybe next year we'll have a football team too instead of male cheerleaders in pads.
Lmao, I think Indiana will definitely have a team in a year or two...actually I thought that a couple years ago with that talented offense they had

I'm at Eastern Michigan...so if anyone can understand the lack of talent on the football team, its this guy haha
Old 01-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #44
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2

Touché, you win.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #45
Rookie

xFlyGuyxRodx's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm interested Louisville Plz
Gamertag xFlyGuyxRodx

PSN: FlyyGuyyRod
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #46
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

Only red light is on Ole Miss, who beat Memphis but still has recruiting time left. I'll wait until later tonight and decide whether or not to advance. No games are pending.

As I mentioned I would do, I am going to raise the CPU defensive rush sliders by five points, and lower the user RB ability sliders by five points as well. Not to be too drastic, but let's just see how the change works and if we need to make any further changes after this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFlyGuyxRodx
I'm interested Louisville Plz
Gamertag xFlyGuyxRodx
Invite sent.

We still have openings if anyone is interested! Check the list for open teams.

Last edited by EUBlink; 01-31-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #47
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

We've advanced to the next week.

As promised, I have changed the sliders to improve the challenge of the running game.

Following this week, I'll start doing a run-down of the teams on the OD with simple stats to keep the flow going on the forums and online.

Next advance will be by 10pm CST on Friday, February 3rd.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:39 AM   #48
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Bolden carries Boilermakers, Purdue beats Akron in slop

It was a cold and rainy day in West Lafayette as the Boilermakers hosted the Akron Zips. Akron may have been winless coming into the game today, but they played inspired and hard the entire way through. They held the explosive Purdue offense to a measly 10 points at halftime to be trailing 10-0 at the half. They added a field goal at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to cut the lead to 10-3. This is when Bolden really took over the game. He had amounted 63 yards on 18 touches in the first half and had really been held down considering the first two games of his season, but he took over the second half by averaging 6.5 yards a touch in the 2nd half. When it was all said and done, Bolden ended the day with 38 carries for 209 yards and 2 touchdown runs.

Coach Gillespie on Bolden's explosion in the 2nd half, "Ralph came up to me in the locker room at halftime and he told me that I was gonna give him the ball and that he was gonna score some touchdowns. I was honestly a little scared he might kill me if I didn't get him the rock some more in the 2nd half...so I just told Robert to turn around and hand him the ball 20-some-times. Worked pretty well didn't it?"

That it did coach, that it did...Other notables for the Boilermakers were a very conservative 7-13 performance from Robert Marve for 119 yards and a pair of TD tosses and 7 sacks by the front 7 of the Boilermakers defense, which has played extremely well in the early going of this season.

Purdue moves to 3-0 for the first time since 2007 and has looked extremely good this season under rookie Head Coach Brandon Gillespie. They look to keep the streak alive two weeks from today, on October 1st, against in-state rival Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish have been playing well this season so far, winning their first two games and currently sitting at #19 in the polls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »