Home

Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar.

This is a discussion on Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar.

Well, there is cheesing. But none of those examples really fit it. If the guy is doing the unstoppable run with a locked-on halfback then yeah, but otherwise there aren't too many actual user-controlled CHEESES for this game.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
And you guys need to relax. How is running toss plays cheesing? LSU made a living off of it. Watch any game before the National Championship. The toss iso play was our bread and butter. With the game on the line vs. Tennessee in 2010, that's what we ran for the victory. Look at the national championship. We did not run it until late in the 3rd.

but since you don't understand logic and reason with real-world examples, let me speak to you in your language.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEESING. JUST GOOD PLAYCALLING AND USE WHAT PLAYS WORK. YOU ARE JUST BUTTHURT. MAN UP AND ACCEPT IT.

These are the type of idiotic quotes that kill this game and the expectation of realism. Once again, if you are mixing your play calls effectively and running plays off of each other, then yes you are correct. However, when you run the same play out of only one formation and nothing else off of that formation, when you run slants every 3rd down, when you come in 4 or 5 wide against 4 or 5 defensive backs with only 1 or 2 receivers and move the ball down the field passing, or vise versa when you line up defensively with 6 DB's against a 21 (2 backs/1 TE) personnel grouping and are effectively able to stop the run all game, that IS cheesing; Cheesing is anything that you would not see happen on Saturdays. I do not feel scrambling with a QB is cheese, however, if that QB is running backwards only to turn and fire a 20 yard pass accurately every play, that would be cheesing. As for your example LSU could do those things mainly because of better players, you witnessed what happened both times that LSU went up against equal or greater talent in Alabama; they could not do those things effectively. That is the problem when someone plays a game against equal or lesser talent and yet is still able to run 5 or 6 plays all game without the players adjusting to stop that play, and the fact that you have over 100 different plays and yet this game only requires you to run 5 or 6 of those to be successful every game is BS. If you do not agree that is your opinion, but it has nothing to do with being butthurt; in fact I would love to see what would happen to those that say that this isn't cheese if EA would actually make a game to where you had to use your entire playbook against evenly matched teams. You would come on here and think that the world was ending with all of the, "the defense is overpowered", "this game is broken because I cannot run slants on every 3rd play", "I need to adjust my sliders so that I can run to the outside every play and not get stopped".
Old 01-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
These are the type of idiotic quotes that kill this game and the expectation of realism. Once again, if you are mixing your play calls effectively and running plays off of each other, then yes you are correct. However, when you run the same play out of only one formation and nothing else off of that formation, when you run slants every 3rd down, when you come in 4 or 5 wide against 4 or 5 defensive backs with only 1 or 2 receivers and move the ball down the field passing, or vise versa when you line up defensively with 6 DB's against a 21 (2 backs/1 TE) personnel grouping and are effectively able to stop the run all game, that IS cheesing; Cheesing is anything that you would not see happen on Saturdays. I do not feel scrambling with a QB is cheese, however, if that QB is running backwards only to turn and fire a 20 yard pass accurately every play, that would be cheesing. As for your example LSU could do those things mainly because of better players, you witnessed what happened both times that LSU went up against equal or greater talent in Alabama; they could not do those things effectively. That is the problem when someone plays a game against equal or lesser talent and yet is still able to run 5 or 6 plays all game without the players adjusting to stop that play, and the fact that you have over 100 different plays and yet this game only requires you to run 5 or 6 of those to be successful every game is BS. If you do not agree that is your opinion, but it has nothing to do with being butthurt; in fact I would love to see what would happen to those that say that this isn't cheese if EA would actually make a game to where you had to use your entire playbook against evenly matched teams. You would come on here and think that the world was ending with all of the, "the defense is overpowered", "this game is broken because I cannot run slants on every 3rd play", "I need to adjust my sliders so that I can run to the outside every play and not get stopped".
If the guy is running the exact same play over and over again it should be easy to stop it or at least figure it out. Then to stop the slant you need to do a zone as man to man typically gives up slants. Sounds like you struggle on defense in the first place.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
And you guys need to relax. How is running toss plays cheesing? LSU made a living off of it. Watch any game before the National Championship. The toss iso play was our bread and butter. With the game on the line vs. Tennessee in 2010, that's what we ran for the victory. Look at the national championship. We did not run it until late in the 3rd.

but since you don't understand logic and reason with real-world examples, let me speak to you in your language.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEESING. JUST GOOD PLAYCALLING AND USE WHAT PLAYS WORK. YOU ARE JUST BUTTHURT. MAN UP AND ACCEPT IT.
let me quote you in your own language "We did not run it until late in the 3rd." to see if i can apply logic and reason to help you understand how what im speaking on is relevent. prick...

using the play is fine, spamming it over and over is cheese.

to the guy who said my examples arent cheese i dont think you know what cheese is. cheese are plays that work because EA didnt think it important to create a play to stop it. IE the toss sweep out of power sets. actually all the plays out of power sets. For instance the lead dive out of power I. In real life DL arent usually supposed to penetrate the O line there job is to clog the middle so the safeties and LB's can clean up the runner. In this game not only can they not get penetration even if you try, but they get pushed around like they are pop warner kids.

the play your talking about is considered a GLITCH because it is a broken play and completely impossible to stop.

for the guy who said its easy to stop a play that you know is coming... care to list any examples?? id like to hear a real opinion and not a comment from a optimistic utopian.

lastly very easy to stop the 3rd and short slant... but it is IMPERATIVE that you know the play is coming. out of your base D IE 3-4 or 4-3 call your cover 1 play with two deep safeties, jam the recievers and audible your LB's to all drop back in zone covg. learn to play as a backer or safety cause i usually get lots of picks off these guys.

ps. LSU fan id love to play you sometime.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

If someone runs slants every 3rd down, user-control a MLB and/or set your linebackers into a zone.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, if they can't stop your running game...well keep jamming it down their throats till they can find a way to stop it. One thing I do agree on is everybody online plays as Oregon, LSU, Bama but nobody really plays as any other team. I'm definitely in the minority when I try and play as SJSU online(I like being the underdog, San Jose St. is my favorite team, and I like the challenge) while everybody and their grandma uses the Bamas and Oregons of the world.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

can anybody give specific examples of what a cheeser is on NCAA if anyone can be so kind?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #16
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLocano
can anybody give specific examples of what a cheeser is on NCAA if anyone can be so kind?
Yea, I will give the ultimate of cheese...back in nfl2k, throwing a streak pass to randy moss was guarunteed catch EVERYTIME. It couldnt be atopped, so in essence, what the OP is saying can be conceived as cheese. Why? Using or exploiting a play that the game is clearly broken is cheese. Another example and I ashamed to say I do it once in a blue moon when the CPU cheats on me. It's shotgun spread follow and you audible the right inside wr to q streak from a drag...works everytime for 6. Hey, I can say just stop the play but it works to both sides. It's an exploit due to bqd programming and virtually the lack of pass interference by the CPU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »