Home

Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar.

This is a discussion on Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar.

I'm so sick of you explitive cheesers. I hate you players who run power O's ie. maryland I, Power I, Goaline all explitive game long. I hate you explitives that run 1 TE 2 HB 1 FB motion sweeps, options, powers and off tackles then audible to a 5 wide set to take advantage of a 4-4 and 4-3 defenses in 3rd and long situations. Im not even mentioning you glitchers...
When was the last time you saw this explitive run on Saturdays?? Now before I get any responses about its a legitimate offense learn to stop it, bullexplitive. In real football your power explitive wouldnt work because in real football in 4-4 D's and 4-3 D's, CB's would seal the edge 90% of the time forcing all runs back inside to the safeties and LB's. Teams wouldnt audible from a power I's to a 5 wide set and keeping the same personnel (FB's and Hb's split out cant really shake safties and Lb's in man coverage. This game isnt even remotely close to college ball anymore. with all the strange subs and packages and bullexplitive it has become some sport played on a distant planet. Is there a website dedicated to those of us who want to play REAL EXPLITIVE football? I havent played 1 game today against someone other than oregon who didint line up in either a power set or a 5 wide set. what happend to this game? btw there is no FOOTBALL realistic way to stop this overloading 1 side with blockers power bullexplitive without calling some obscure quarter package, showing blitz, then hotrouting a few players... i wouldnt know cause i dont experiment with the gay explitive. You Soulja boy bumpin explitives have ruined this game. Btw I was 45 and 7 w/l starting out the day today. i can win when playing real football but i have now clue what to call when forced to play this other sport... im only experienced in football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar.

You mad bro?

Seriously though, I feel you on your venting.

There, there.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

So I am guessing that you would have hated coaching against Nebraska in the 90's running option all game long. OR Oregon in this day in age or Texas Tech running 5 wide all game long......
Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealslimshady
So I am guessing that you would have hated coaching against Nebraska in the 90's running option all game long. OR Oregon in this day in age or Texas Tech running 5 wide all game long......

I do not believe that was his problem. How many times does Oregon or Texas Tech come out with their spread packages with only hb's, te's, and fb's as their receiving core? It does not happen; sure you may run your HB/TE split but not both at the same time typically. The other thing is that your DE/OLB rarely seal the outside run so when teams run an overloaded set or even ace sets the running back can just run wide and turn it up field. While I am not saying that I agree with everything that the OP has said I can understand some of his frustrations; especially when a player runs the same play 80% of the game and your defense can never stop it, especially when the teams are evenly matched in terms of players. The problem is that there are way too many exploits that players can use that are not things that you would see in a real football game.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #5
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
I do not believe that was his problem. How many times does Oregon or Texas Tech come out with their spread packages with only hb's, te's, and fb's as their receiving core? It does not happen; sure you may run your HB/TE split but not both at the same time typically. The other thing is that your DE/OLB rarely seal the outside run so when teams run an overloaded set or even ace sets the running back can just run wide and turn it up field. While I am not saying that I agree with everything that the OP has said I can understand some of his frustrations; especially when a player runs the same play 80% of the game and your defense can never stop it, especially when the teams are evenly matched in terms of players. The problem is that there are way too many exploits that players can use that are not things that you would see in a real football game.
That would bother me as well. I guess I play sim and if i audible I do so in the same formation pass/run vise versa. I also don't play random games for this reason and the only user action is in the sim dynasties I belong to. I wish the game would turn those fb and hb into stone hands in this case. In addition to making the te slow as death
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

No, the Power Option attack is a formidable yet stopable attack both in real life and in this game. No cheese. So is Techs Air Raid system, and so is Chip Kelly's Spread Option Attack. Im actually a HUGE fan of all those systems especially the Spread Option (good luck Urban Meyers next year @ Ohio State go Buckeyes!) but when was the last time on Saturdays you saw someone even run the Maryland I? the Power I? or Goaline? all game long?!?! It dosent happen because it wouldnt work. This game is just ridiculous in that those sets especially maryland and power I's blow up the "edge" and give up 5-6 every play, quite often 10 yards, and more often than not THE BIG PLAY. What I hate is the self righteous cheesers who may or may not actually think teams play this way but hold fast because its not "glitching", then call it a LEGITIMATE OFFENSE!!! THATS NOT FOOTBALL tossing the ball from left to right all game like its RUGBY taking advantage of the fact EA refuses to fix this problem by creating a defense with a hard EDGE. Once again thats not football RUGBY RUGBY RUGBY....

oh ya then on the rare occasion your defense gets penetration and you put them in a 3rd and 5 - 3rd and long situation and they no huddle to a 5 WIDE set, forcing you to go to man coverage with a 4-4 or 4-3 personnel because theres too many holes in zone coverage with those formations and i only get 3 timeouts a half. SOMEHOW FB's and RB's and 2nd and 3rd string TE's can shake LB's and Safeties (some of the best Athletes agility and instinct wise in all of football) and then make some of the most ridiculous catches to pick up the 1st down?!?!?!

stop it EA... Get outta here...
when can these clowns get some competiton so they will start making competent football games.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
I began reading this with hope that you would break out a Dr. Seuss rhyme.

Needless to say I am disappointed.

@AdamdotH
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
And you guys need to relax. How is running toss plays cheesing? LSU made a living off of it. Watch any game before the National Championship. The toss iso play was our bread and butter. With the game on the line vs. Tennessee in 2010, that's what we ran for the victory. Look at the national championship. We did not run it until late in the 3rd.

but since you don't understand logic and reason with real-world examples, let me speak to you in your language.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CHEESING. JUST GOOD PLAYCALLING AND USE WHAT PLAYS WORK. YOU ARE JUST BUTTHURT. MAN UP AND ACCEPT IT.

@AdamdotH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »