Home

The Importance of Time....

This is a discussion on The Importance of Time.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Go Pack Go!!

NateDogPack12's Arena

OVR: 0
The Importance of Time....

Reading the discussion over the penalty logic really got me thinking about this today. The default quarter length is and has always been 5 minutes, but most users who strive for accurate stats and realistic gameplay move the length to around 7-9.

Of course, a realistic football game features 15 minute periods, but playing a game of this length in NCAA '12 would likely yield highly unrealistic results for most. Madden of course features an accelerated clock that allows users to more accurately simulate these long games and play a realistic quarter length.

I think this feature would be amazing in the NCAA series as well. As it stands now, how does EA move to accurately represent penalties in the game? Should the typical average number of penalties that occur in a normal football game happen within 5, 7-9, or 15 minute quarters? Why not take the guessing game away when it comes to stats and realistic simulation by allowing users to control the clock settings and thus create a more authentic football experience. The "2-Minute" offense should really be a "2-Minute" offense as opposed to a 1-minute one.

I think making time relative to real football could help with these issues and more - penalties, realistic stats, immersion, and so many more. You guys can probably name even more issues potentially effected by this longtime issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Rookie

llJAEll's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The Importance of Time....

I agree with you, I wonder why the developers for NCAA won't implement accelerated clock.Chew clock is an option but you have no time to read the defense once you take the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »