Home

Having Trouble Beating the CPU... I Guarantee Wins After Reading This...

This is a discussion on Having Trouble Beating the CPU... I Guarantee Wins After Reading This... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Having Trouble Beating the CPU... I Guarantee Wins After Reading This...

I'm not trying to ruin this game for anyone, but even on heisman difficulty, playing a game against the computer is pointless. The computers are physic. Every play you pick, the computer (on heisman difficulty) will pick the perfect play to counter your call.

Offensive Examples:

1. Select a toss right at the play calling screen. Audible to a straight run up the middle, and you will get 5 to 10 yards almost every time.

2. Select a play action at the play calling screen. Audible to a straight run up the middle, and again, you will probably get 5 to 10 yards almost every time.

3. Select a WR screen. Hot route your WR's to a streak pass, and more than likely, your WR's will be wide open.

Defensive Examples:

1. Select a 4-3 all out blitz at the play calling screen. Audible to a cover-3 or cover-2 defense, set a linebacker up in a spy, and set your defensive ends up in a pink-flat zone. More than likely, the CPU is going to pass the ball, and many times, you can snag an interception.

2. Select a 4-3 cover-3 zone on 3rd and short. Audible into an all out blitz package. Because you were in a cover-3, the CPU will more than likely run the ball, and you will stuff them in the backfield.

Playing the CPU in this Game is Pointless:

The key to beating the CPU is to pick exactly the opposite play that you're planning on running in game, at the play calling screen. If you setup in an all out blitz, stay in the same formation, and audible to an all out zone.

Although you're probably thinking, "Isn't this cheating?" Isn't the CPU cheating? Every play you call, they will call the exact play to counter it. If it's 3rd and 4 and you come out in a cover-3, you best bet they're going to run a draw play.

The CPU's formation is predetermined each play, but the actual play call that they come out with on the field is determined by the play call that you select.
If I want the CPU to run on 3rd and 4, I'll select a cover-9 zone at the play calling screen, and then audible to an all out blitz.

If I want the CPU to pass on 3rd and 4, I'll select an all out blitz at the play calling screen, and then audible to a cover-2 zone.
Does this post make sense?

I'm sorry it was kind of long.

I wasn't trying to ruin the game for you guys, but if you're feeling cheated, and you feel like the computer knows your every play call, you are right.

My recommendation: Stick to online gameplay.

Ever since I figured this out, I've been beating the CPU on heisman difficulty (default sliders) by more than 50 points (I'm Oregon State with my opponent as Oklahoma for example) in some games.

Last edited by os247wtd; 02-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Having Trouble Beating the CPU... I Guarantee Wins After Reading This...

obviously new to the forums/game for this to be a revelation.

And you realize this shows up as most extreme on heisman right? Lower difficulty = less cheating. Sadly less aggressive too, but can otherwise actually be harder if your audibling a lot

Last edited by aerovt; 02-17-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
obviously new to the forums/game for this to be a revelation.
I'm new to the forum, but I have been playing NCAA for a very long time, and I have never noticed this before. I've been playing it a lot more, and I finally caught on.

Quote:
And you realize this shows up as most extreme on heisman right? Lower difficulty = less cheating. Sadly less aggressive too, but can otherwise actually be harder if your audibling a lot
I was thinking about that, but to be honest, if I am winning on heisman by that many points, I would kill on All American. I've played All American without audibles, and I always win by 100. lol

I think the key for me is to just play people online.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:27 PM   #4
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

ah, yea its pretty frustrating when you notice it. Personally I cant stand online play with how most people play and all the glitches present.

I generally just play on AA difficulty and up the sliders to make it harder. Heisman has much better aggressiveness, but your right the cheating can actually make it easier. Depends though, as sometimes they match your audible.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by os247wtd
I was thinking about that, but to be honest, if I am winning on heisman by that many points, I would kill on All American. I've played All American without audibles, and I always win by 100. lol
Thats the point though. You admitted you basically win on Heisman by 50+ because you discovered this flaw. AA with the right sliders (notice slider set very important) can actually create a much more difficult game... to a point. Only issue is the AI seems to slow down in the 4th qtr, but you wont be beating Alabama with WKU, I can assure you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
ah, yea its pretty frustrating when you notice it. Personally I cant stand online play with how most people play and all the glitches present.

I generally just play on AA difficulty and up the sliders to make it harder. Heisman has much better aggressiveness, but your right the cheating can actually make it easier. Depends though, as sometimes they match your audible.
To be honest, online really isn't that bad. The worst that I have seen is that power i-form toss play with Lamichael James. It's damn near impossible to stop, especially when they mix in other runs, and play action. It's not really cheese, I guess, but the CPU AI just isn't that good at stopping the toss out of the power i.

They do sometimes match the audible. It's hilarious, because you can have a toss right going, audible to a toss left, and all of their linebackers shift to the left. Lol

Last edited by os247wtd; 02-17-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Thats the point though. You admitted you basically win on Heisman by 50+ because you discovered this flaw. AA with the right sliders (notice slider set very important) can actually create a much more difficult game... to a point. Only issue is the AI seems to slow down in the 4th qtr, but you wont be beating Alabama with WKU, I can assure you
With the right sliders, maybe. But I am telling you that I have played on AA before, and win all of my games by 40+ points, and I have even won by 100. Lol
Old 02-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #8
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

luckier than me. I always encounter the people who only call 4 verts or run from the maryland I all day. Gets boring defending the same 2 plays constantly. That and the fact people will pretend like they are thinking of playing as some C+ team ... so I pick C+ team... and then they switch to FSU or Alabama. Then if I manage to get a lead its a guaranteed quit. Or they start busting out the untacklable HB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjctKa81L78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »