Home

"solid playing time first year" with injuries

This is a discussion on "solid playing time first year" with injuries within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
"solid playing time first year" with injuries

Hey all, I saw a bunch of threads saying that all that matters for the solid playing time promise to be fulfilled is being 1st on the depth chart. My star recruit got knocked out for the season in the first game in my online dynasty. Is that promise good as broken even if he stays #1 on my depth chart? Is there any way to stop him from transferring if that's the case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2012, 10:24 PM   #2
Banned

therealslimshady's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "solid playing time first year" with injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono1984
Hey all, I saw a bunch of threads saying that all that matters for the solid playing time promise to be fulfilled is being 1st on the depth chart. My star recruit got knocked out for the season in the first game in my online dynasty. Is that promise good as broken even if he stays #1 on my depth chart? Is there any way to stop him from transferring if that's the case?
the promise was fulfilled with the start. you are g2g
Old 02-28-2012, 12:21 AM   #3
XB1 GT: Cubone Jones

Cubone_Jones's Arena

OVR: 6

Unfortunately for me, injuries worked out against me in a promise. In a dynasty earlier in the year I convinced a home grown 5-star receiver to stay in the great state of Louisiana and play for LaTech with a promise of Freshman All-American (risky, I know).

In the first two games, granted against very poor teams, he had somewhere around 400 receiving yards and 4 TDs, but he broke his collarbone at the end of the second game... and subsequently transferred to Notre Dame on the basis of that broken promise. SMDH.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Rookie

these promises seem pretty pointless. If you promise a player he will win a national title in year 1, you get like 30 more points than you would pitching a strong topic. You stand so much to lose just for those extra 30 points.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono1984
these promises seem pretty pointless. If you promise a player he will win a national title in year 1, you get like 30 more points than you would pitching a strong topic. You stand so much to lose just for those extra 30 points.
This is true when you are a good school. Try recruiting with a 1 star school like Eastern Michigan. The promises can be the difference between getting a 3 star recruit or having to settle on a 2 star guy.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juce734
This is true when you are a good school. Try recruiting with a 1 star school like Eastern Michigan. The promises can be the difference between getting a 3 star recruit or having to settle on a 2 star guy.

^my sentiments exactly when I play as San Jose State. Also I'm having a similar problem in my off-line dynasty with the school I will play for IRL, Menlo College. I put the guy i promised solid playing time but he's 2nd on the depth chart and first play of his collegiate career he gains 5 yards and an 11 week injury. If what you say is true, if I put my injured player 1st on the depth chart for at least one game the promise will be fulfilled? In the OD I play in as SJSU,I promised my kicker(he was #3 in his class or so) he would be freshman AA and end of the season my kicker didn't get hurt, got all-WAC and was the starter on my team, and we were 9-4 end of the season and we won our bowl game and yet he transfers to UCLA which coincidentally is one of the other user teams in the OD. WTF, I try my best to get them on that freshman AA spot and this is the thanks I get?! Luckily, I'm on the top of the list for the #1 kicker in the land. BTW, this is my 3rd season in the OD and have been building SJSU since then. I have a great RB by committee in my 3 freshmen, one is balanced, the other power, and the last is speed. I use my speed guy mostly in the slot when I'm in my 5-wide and go vertical with him, he was a 2 star but he had 92 speed so he was a diamond in the rough and he has been a very solid contributor for SJSU. I think he's the leading receiver.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Do I just put him 1st on the depth chart for the rest of the season or can suffice with 1 game?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

so I checked my "view promises", and the solid playing time first year is no longer on the list (I'm in week 9, and it previously showed up as "pending"). Does that mean the promise was broken?

He has been first on my depth chart this entire time, but remains injured

Last edited by bono1984; 03-08-2012 at 08:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »