Home

How to come out on top of an excellent defense?

This is a discussion on How to come out on top of an excellent defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
How to come out on top of an excellent defense?

I play in coach mode on my dynasties. The way I see it, road to glory is where my own "stick skills" should shine. When I am a coach, I act as a coach would and let my players shine (when they perform well that is).

So I am playing as Michigan in my first year. I think that the quarterback (Patterson) is probably modeled after Robinson in real life. God is he an excellent scrambler. Anyways, so I played Alabama in my first game (as I always do when I play as Michigan. I have turned it into my own little rivalry). My guys performed exceptionally well, yet still losing 50-52. I was still satisfied.

However, my blood pressure sky rocketed when I played Notre Dame just a few minutes ago. I felt I was calling all the right plays. However, Patterson, my QB would either throw it away in 200 milliseconds or run it instantaneously. He couldn't do otherwise because their offensive line was killing the hell out of him with blitzes on almost every play. I tried screens, slants, hooks, curls, EVERYTHING and I COULD NOT beat them. I could maybe get one or two yards at a time on the run.

Any tips from those who play on coach mode? In coach mode, where you only call the plays, is it possible to call all the right plays and still lose the hell out of a game? I just want to know if there is anything I can do. If not, I am going to be MURDERED in just about every conference game (especially Ohio State....oh god, not Ohio State....just shoot me now...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How to come out on top of an excellent defense?

Yeah its possible to call the right plays and get killed, sometimes the other team is just set to beat you, whether its scheme, personel, or home field. You gotta remember ND is a rivalry game so they are going to bring, plus their 3-4 scheme is very aggressive, which is causing the run/throw aways by your qb. As far as a solution I'd try the slider forum there are a few coaching slider sets, or take a few beat downs as you try to improve you team and you learn to beat certain defenses.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How to come out on top of an excellent defense?

I'd rather just take the loss. I'm smoking hot in recruiting right now, so in a season or two, once the new recruits become sophomores and get well trained, I'll put'em on the field and see what they can do. I hate adjusting sliders just so I can win. Albeit, I am not the best at football. I am improving drastically, but I have a ways to go.

And by the way, my comment about "just shoot me now" in reference to Ohio State was not an insult to OSU. I love Ohio State and all their traditions (script ohio, the tuba dotting the "i", etc.). I just get so frustrated when I play them. I don't know what it is about playing them, but my blood pressure goes doubly high when I do so. Maybe it's because I feel I am being taunted on every interception and swat. lol

Last edited by drummerguy1989; 03-17-2012 at 12:05 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »