Home

Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13.

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Coaching Carousel is Trash. Re-invent it in '13.

I am 100% in agreement. The carousel is the only reason I bought the game last year. It is pretty bad. If it isn't fixed tremendously in this year's addition, it's a no go for me. I wrote a huge blog about it and have tried to bring attention to this over and over so we can only hope it'll be something they address in the dynasty blog. The problem is that things are so tied into goals. Goals are good and well, but the one thing that trumps all is winning. You win games, the AD doesn't care how many yards you throw for or how many recruits you bring in. Just win baby.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes. I have said before the carousel is broken. You can miss arbitrary goals and be fired despite a winning culture. Hopefully this will be fixed next year.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #11
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

As soon as I heard every coach progresses to an A+ I always played with coach contracts turned off. Maybe I don't understand, but doesn't an A+ mean perfect, as in 100% correct? So please explain to me how so many coaches and coordinators could have an A+ or even an A rating?

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #12
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Rushed features end up broken.

Here is my theory to the problems of the football games is because they try to add in so many features (My player, franchise, random mini-games as well as editors and what not) that not one area of the game gets enough resources or attention to truly let it shine.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Problem is in this iteration was that all the coaches progressed at a rate raster than yours. They can go from D to a B+/A in one season if the teams do well enough. You, the user, could not. Therefore none of the big jobs ever opened up to you.llto top it off if you start your career as a coach you never would get HC jobs anywhere else.

Tiburon just needs to add to it. Fix the progression issues, better contract goals and a better hire/fire logic. I mean it took about 4 iterations to get CC to where it was in CHoops 2k8, so I'm not going to write this feature off yet. Now if NOTHING was done in this regard then I think its worry time.

Last edited by LionsFanNJ; 04-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #14
Rookie

akacesfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Coach Prestige goes up quickly for humans too. In my first year as the OC of Arkansas State, I went 11-2 (lost my bowl game to Tulsa) because I played a very, very crappy Sun Belt schedule. I played a tougher schedule this year and I'm 8-3 going into my bowl game. I'm scared I might be fired now despite having a B prestige.

Year 1: 11-3 (7-1 MAC) W over NU in Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

Year 2: 0-0 (0-0 MAC)

Last Game: 24-17 W vs. Northwestern in the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl

NHL 13 - Columbus Blue Jackets

Year 1: 1-1-0

Last Game: 3-2 W @ Minnesota
Old 04-04-2012, 07:48 AM   #15
Rookie

BathSaints's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm struggling to find any logic behind it.

After being fired as UAB HC during a season with only 1 defeat (7-1) I became OC at Wisconsin. One 1-11 season later I am HC at 5* Auburn. 4 National Titles in 5 years later I decide I want a change. My first head coach offer: 2* ULL.

Performance means nothing in their arbitrary system deciding who gets what job.

Also, the inability to allow you to wait for the idela job to come along means you are locked into taking crappy jobs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 3

I really didnt have a lot of promblems with it. I actually thought it was pretty good, I hope they add to it tho instead of giving us the exact same thing...not holding my breath tho

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »