Home

A few gameplay improvements i want to see in NCAA 13

This is a discussion on A few gameplay improvements i want to see in NCAA 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
A few gameplay improvements i want to see in NCAA 13

And i know i'm probably pissing in the wind here, but here goes.

1). Run gap responsibilities. I want to see my linebackers filling holes.

2). Zone blocking. I want to see my offensive line actually zone left and right. I want to be able to pick a run play and on the play art see if its zone or base blocking scheme. This is something that should have been added. Running from the gun is stupid w/o a zone blocking scheme, and a lot of teams even run zone blocking schemes from under center

3). Secondary actually reading routes. Just because its cover 2, doesn'tt mean the corners stay in the flats. They match up with WR#1(outside guy) and stay with him until a new #1 comes(think slant and chute combo). I'm sick of my. Corner just letting a wr go just because he's supposed to stay in the flats.

4). A contain or spill gameplan toggle. Contain turn everything back inside. Spill keep everything running east/west

5). Line stunts. I remember on some of the older maddens you could call a line stunt and then a coverage behind it. A great weapon for 3rd and long.

6). Alignment adjustments for offensive alignments and motions. For example, if a defensive end is lined up on a tavkle in 5 technique, and a tight end trades(motions) over, then the end widens out into a 6 technique(head up tight end).

7). Disguising coverages pre snap. The fact that you can tell what the coverage is as soon as you break the huddle is freaking stupid.

As a college football player, i want the game to bring more focus on the x's and o's of football.

Last edited by BHavenBlazer; 04-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: A few gameplay improvements i want to see in NCAA 13

i believe there's a wishlist section for this... just saying
Old 04-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
A DB'S SWAG

avwhitechic's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHavenBlazer
And i know i'm probably pissing in the wind here, but here goes.

2). Zone blocking. I want to see my offensive line actually zone left and right. I want to be able to pick a run play and on the play art see if its zone or base blocking scheme. This is something that should have been added. Running from the gun is stupid w/o a zone blocking scheme, and a lot of teams even run zone blocking schemes from under center

3). Secondary actually reading routes. Just because its cover 2, doesn'tt mean the corners stay in the flats. They match up with WR#1(outside guy) and stay with him until a new #1 comes(think slant and chute combo). I'm sick of my. Corner just letting a wr go just because he's supposed to stay in the flats.

4). A contain or spill gameplan toggle. Contain turn everything back inside. Spill keep everything running east/west

5). Line stunts. I remember on some of the older maddens you could call a line stunt and then a coverage behind it. A great weapon for 3rd and long.

6). Alignment adjustments for offensive alignments and motions. For example, if a defensive end is lined up on a tavkle in 5 technique, and a tight end trades(motions) over, then the end widens out into a 6 technique(head up tight end).

7). Disguising coverages pre snap. The fact that you can tell what the coverage is as soon as you break the huddle is freaking stupid.

As a college football player, i want the game to bring more focus on the x's and o's of football.

lol...none of that will be happening....none of it
Old 04-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Along with weakside/strongside LBs, CBs, DEs and Safties. I also need stand up ends and control of what position play during audibles to other positions.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #5
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

EA makes most of their games catering to the casual fan. The things you say are too hardcore and only hardcore sports fans would understand them. EA wants little Billy who has never played football before to be able to pick up the game and understand what is going on. EA wants him to oooo and ahhhh at the mascots and entrances and not have to worry about coverages or blocking. I like the ideas you have though, since I understand them.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHavenBlazer
Adding MIKE, SAM, and WILL positions to the game would be a good start.

Would also like to be able to move a hybrid DE/OLB around in my scheme without a complete loss of awareness from one position to the next.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Aside,
BHavenBlazer - I assume that's Bellhaven?
Do you play there?

Their football staff called me a few times when I was a senior in HS. Wound up going to LSU instead. Played minor league football in BR.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylee
Aside,
BHavenBlazer - I assume that's Bellhaven?
Do you play there?

Their football staff called me a few times when I was a senior in HS. Wound up going to LSU instead. Played minor league football in BR.
Yup. RS Sophomore this fall, headed into coaching. LSU?? Great choice my brother. I would be there if it wasn't for the fact that i moved out of NOLA in 97 and didn't get OOS tuition waived.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »