Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:33 AM   #49
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA 13 Gameplay preview this Friday (GTTV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Eh, still not really impressed. The animations look horribly robotic, and I see what people mean by the tackles look horrible. A lot of the tackles look like wrestling moves or something, where the guy just jumps out and lays his body into the other person and drops them to the ground. They aren't really wrap up tackles.
Maybe I am the odd man out, but to me I am more concerned with how the game plays then how it looks. If they game plays great but looks robotic, I can deal with that as opposed to the game playing like junk and looking great.

I am intrigued by this new passing system and I do hope they added more ratings to help this live up to its full potential.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 04-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #50
Rookie

Papi34's Arena

OVR: 7

So how will the 25 trajectories thing work? Will we have any control of it or will it just depend on where the receiver is and who's around him?
Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #51
Banned

jmiller937's Arena

OVR: 3
i like what they are doin here... the animations look a little robotic though but its still looking better. the only thing i noticed that i still hate every year is the damn scoreboard at the bottom. fix the names, like ohio state should say OHIO ST not BUCKS...Florida State should say FLORIDA ST. get it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #52
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I liked everything I heard, but those animations
This, times 1,000. I am still very much skeptical after seeing that video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
Eh, still not really impressed. The animations look horribly robotic, and I see what people mean by the tackles look horrible. A lot of the tackles look like wrestling moves or something, where the guy just jumps out and lays his body into the other person and drops them to the ground. They aren't really wrap up tackles.

Also, at 1:05 and 1:15 the DB still runs the WR's route and turns around at the exact moment to pick or swat the ball down. Then later in the clip they said that they fixed this very issue and showing these same clips as if they are a thing of the past and no longer in the game when we just saw them earlier when they were talking about the QB throwing across their body. I'm a little confused by that.

That juke move looked like a backbreaker juke move...ie not good at all, very very robotic. But yes, the catching animations looked great and the back drops looked okay a little robotic.

Overall, I'm glad they worked on the pass trajectories which was greatly needed as well as the "awareness" of the defense. They just really really need to work on animations to make them look smooth and natural.
Again, agreed. Great post.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 04-13-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #53

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

I like what I heard, yes animations still robotic but from what we learned if they get these things right this will be a fun game this year. This new passing system has so much potential if done right. And the read and react defense helps tons. HOWEVER there has to be something added defensively to balance out offense getting this boost, maybe thats what Madden is talking about with making defense fun again.

EDIT: biggest negative for me is still no proper foot planting, players are sliding all over the place and cutting on a dime.

Last edited by m1ke_nyc; 04-13-2012 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #54
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller937
i like what they are doin here... the animations look a little robotic though but its still looking better. the only thing i noticed that i still hate every year is the damn scoreboard at the bottom. fix the names, like ohio state should say OHIO ST not BUCKS...Florida State should say FLORIDA ST. get it right.
hopefully their just using that scoreboard as a cover up for what is actually going to be represented in the real game
NHL New Jersey Devils
EPL Manchester United
NCAA FB Pittsburgh Panthers
NCAA BB Pittsburgh Panthers
Old 04-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #55
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Where is the DANG Pass interference for offensive and defensive players, what is the difference if u do these enhancements and no RISK/REWARD!!!!!!! Enough with the BS Already, where are the flags!!!!!
Perhaps this will be answered on Tuesday but how you expect that to be answered in a two minute clip when talking about passing features is beyond me!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #56
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller937
I am pretty sure it has said Bucks in the past as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »