Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #65
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I highly doubt the no physic DB's, it is happening in that video. There is several times the defender is looking at the WR only to magically turn around the moment the ball is near to pick it off.

Yet again another feature that will be marketed because they know it is what the public wants, yet it won't be delivered the way we all envision it.

All that video does is show me how HORRIBLE EA football looks in motion.

I don't buy into anything that was said, the game looks exactly like 10, 11, 12, and now 13 will look EXACTLY the same and play 99.9% the same also. YAAAAYYYYYY 60 bucks for same rehash we bought last year with stuff that should of been fixed in a patch!
Very well said Phobia. The game looks horrible and unrealistic in motion. I see no differences in this game and past iterations of NCAA, other than the pass trajectory. That "catch the greasy pig" juke and defender whiff animation is borderline insulting. I hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #66
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA Football 13 Video - No More Psychic DB's, 25 Different Pass Trajectory Zones

There is always something that they tout for it only to be non-existent when the game releases and they mysteriously don't mention it anymore.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

If this was a randomly posted video I would've had no clue this was from NCAA 13. If I'm not mistaken, the devs said there would be no more of the physic DB's in previous versions of the game.

Bring on PS4/XBOX 720. I'm tired of this engine and weak animations.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #68
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
If this was a randomly posted video I would've had no clue this was from NCAA 13. If I'm not mistaken, the devs said there would be no more of the physic DB's in previous versions of the game.

Bring on PS4/XBOX 720. I'm tired of this engine and weak animations.
Co-sign 100%. I am just assuming that EA has cut their losses on this generation of consoles. All we can hope for is that they learned from their mistakes and are already in the process of building an entirely new up to date game engine for the PS4 and new XBOX. I would hope this new engine has all new up to date technology and a fully functioning physics system that drives animations.

It would be such a shame if we, as customers, have to go through another generation of football gaming like this last one.

Edit- What is the rumored release date for these new systems? I have been reading on IGN that a lot of development companies have gotten starter kits to begin developing for the new systems. Has EA gotten one??????
Old 04-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #69
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14

That was underwhelming. Looks almost identical to NCAA 12. The "stuff" they are adding seems like things that should have been included in a patch last year, not rolled out and labeled "new and innovative for 2013".

Hopefully there is more info, much more, that hasn't been released to the public yet.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #70
Rookie

Beastly Wayz's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Claim of "no more psychic DB's" is noted, and goes into the memory banks.
DITTO, This has been an issue for awhile.....
Old 04-13-2012, 09:18 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustrator76
Very well said Phobia. The game looks horrible and unrealistic in motion. I see no differences in this game and past iterations of NCAA, other than the pass trajectory. That "catch the greasy pig" juke and defender whiff animation is borderline insulting. I hate it.
I know ILL, it is down right criminal that they do this. They release the EXACT same game over and over every year with extremely little changes. In the end it is the buying public's fault, they continue to support mediocrity. As long as they are racking in money and people are shelling out their hard earned cash on the same product, well we will continue to receive less than stellar.

The same thing would happen to EA football that happened to NHL 2k, NBA Live, MLB 2k if competition was around. People would make their buying decision on the best product available.

This will be the first year I don't buy a single football game. I am truly so sick and tired of wasting my money every year that I am finally done. I will stick to the better sports games like MLB The Show, FIFA, and NBA2k. While I will miss football, I won't feel sick after I drop 60 bucks only to shelve the game couple weeks after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #72
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I can't lie I'm liking all of the editions and it makes me smile becauseI know madden will have these plus more maybe and they will possibly be more refined. But I have to agree with those who say the movement looks twitchy and strange. I hope that is from 12 but I can't remember 12 looking like that wow lol. I hoping like hell that isn't the way they move for the final product but we'll see

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »