Home

FYI-NCAA 13 Gameplay Playbook Will Be Live At 2pm-3pm/EST April 17 2012

This is a discussion on FYI-NCAA 13 Gameplay Playbook Will Be Live At 2pm-3pm/EST April 17 2012 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #545
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
the animations move you realistically depending on your size/speed. If a team is inbounding from the side and i control an offensive player running full speed to get open in the direction of half court, sometimes you get caught in an animation when you catch it which carries your momentum and makes you go back court. It's frustrating but it's more realistic than having total control and being able to just stop and changing directions with no sense of momentum.

I never feel out of control playing NBA 2k. Imagine players that move and react the way they do in NBA 2k and put them on a football field in pads and think of how much more realistic the game would look and feel. Running motions would no longer be the same for each player or look unnatural. Players would run and cut realistic. It would look more like football.
There's nothing more frustrating in that game than catching the ball a few feet behind the 3 point line and trying to dribble in one step and shoot a jumper. I can do that pretty smoothly in real life but in 2K it's so awkward. They do the big movements well, but small and precise movement is impossible. That's why they developed lock on d, because trying to make the small movements necessary to guard somebody on a basketball court is super difficult when the slightest touch and adjustment sends you sliding all over the place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2012, 06:06 PM   #546
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: FYI-NCAA 13 Gameplay Playbook Will Be Live At 2pm-3pm/EST April 17 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
There's nothing more frustrating in that game than catching the ball a few feet behind the 3 point line and trying to dribble in one step and shoot a jumper. I can do that pretty smoothly in real life but in 2K it's so awkward. They do the big movements well, but small and precise movement is impossible. That's why they developed lock on d, because trying to make the small movements necessary to guard somebody on a basketball court is super difficult when the slightest touch and adjustment sends you sliding all over the place.
Lock on d was nba2k8 though. The system is more realistic now because you have to play the angles or you get beat, just like in real life. I understand what you mean though.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-20-2012, 06:19 PM   #547
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Lock on d was nba2k8 though. The system is more realistic now because you have to play the angles or you get beat, just like in real life. I understand what you mean though.
Lock on d is still there but not as heavily as 2k8. It's much better now though I agree

BTW, movement in MLB the Show strays much more on the EA side of things than the 2k side of things, IMO.

Last edited by mrprice33; 04-20-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:42 PM   #548
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

Re: FYI-NCAA 13 Gameplay Playbook Will Be Live At 2pm-3pm/EST April 17 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Lock on d is still there but not as heavily as 2k8. It's much better now though I agree

BTW, movement in MLB the Show strays much more on the EA side of things than the 2k side of things, IMO.

I'm partial to Backbreaker's movement myself. It has momentum but also fine control with the stick that's very tight. It's almost like you control each step of the runner when you "feather" the stick. Also not perfect, but I think it's a good example of something in between Madden and NBA 2K that you were asking for.

Just to be clear though. I get what you are saying about how a slight movement in NBA 2K can result in more movement than it should, but APF 2K8 doesn't behave exactly the same way. When I am referencing 2K loco systems I'm talking about APF 2K8. Not so much NBA 2k or Top Spin, although I do love those games too.

Again, they don't do it properly either, I just think they are much better and lead to overall better gameplay, even with their faults, than EA Sports' interpretation, with it's faults.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »