Home

Since the new info is out... Can people who have played the game elaborate?

This is a discussion on Since the new info is out... Can people who have played the game elaborate? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #17
Rookie

3nDAmornin's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Since the new info is out... Can people who have played the game elaborate?

Are the passing plays now labeled 1 3 5 or 7 step drop in the play call screen? For example: "90 X Slant" would be a 1 or 3 step drop..."50 deep post" would be 5 or 7 step drop.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Since I have heard none of these has been overhauled but slightly tuned, can you elaborate how much of a tuning each of these got ?

Quote:
1. No mention of WR/DB jostling.

2. No mention of improving OL/DL interaction.

3. No mention of fixing the pass rush for DEs.

4. No mention of CPU ball carriers actually using their special moves: Spin, Juke, Stiff arm

5. No mention of fixing the elusive animation for it don't look like the damn truck animation.

6. No mention of punt blocks or FG blocks.

7. No mention of CPU punters doing coffin corner kicks in the right situation instead of just kicking it into the end zone.

8. No mention of pass interference.

9. No mention of fixing the bull rush animation.

10. No mention of expanded ratings, new ratings, DPP, improvements to locomotion.

11. No mention of fixing the QB from sliding when he only has 1 defender in front of him.

Also for the 430 new catch animations.......Will the CPU WRs do them on their own ? Last year CPU WRs didn't do any of the new dive animations, nor did they do the bull rush animation.

Is there a throw on the run rating ? I mean clearly there must be a difference between a slow pocket QB throwing on the run compared to an agile scrambling QB doing it right ?

With the improved lead passing, how sensitive is the lead ? I felt last year on default sliders it was none existent, you barely could alter the pass. You had to put pass accuracy slider on 75 or higher to get full control over where exactly you wanted to place the ball. Especially when it came to throwing the ball low to the ground.

Did they tune the acceleration and deceleration scale ? I always felt players got to top speed way too damn fast but never did decelerate ENOUGH when it came to turning or doing a stop and go type of move.

Does route running rating ACTUALLY do something this year ? That has always been the most useless rating of them all. Because all it did was determine if a player slipped in the rain or snow.

Same thing with return rating. Does it ACTUALLY do something this year ? It sure in the hell don't determine how good or bad they are in returning the ball. In all my decades of playing this series, I have NEVER seen the CPU return a punt for a TD. Hell I never seen them get more then 15 yards.

So did they fix that TUNNEL VISION that they have ? Where as they ALWAYS run directly in a straight line head on into traffic during punt returns and kick returns, instead of trying to go AROUND it ?

Kind of make it pointless to put your fastest player as a returner if he going to get the same amount of yards as a 20 speed player if the CPU is controlling him. The CPU is not threatening because of the TUNNEL VISION their ball carriers have.

They need to try to AVOID tackles and not run directly into them. What ever happened to fight for every yard ???? Now they just concede to tackles and go down without a fight like a wuss.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #19
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
-Has the CPU Field Goal kicking logic been fixed for the Heisman Difficulty???
In 12 the CPU would attempt far too many ridiculously long field goals
I haven't forgot this thread, I'm trying to play and check some things out.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
I haven't forgot this thread, I'm trying to play and check some things out.
Cool

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #21
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
Cool

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk
Thanks man. Hopefully you can give us some info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #22
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Thank you.

Is there double team pass blocking?

Penalties other than holding, clipping and roughing the qb?

Elite DE's rush the QB?

Did they get rid of the bull rush animation?

Thanks Shaun.
1. No, it appears only one offensive lineman engages at any time on passing downs. The center/guard combination may both be in close proximity to the defensive tackle, but the un-engaged lineman only interacts if the other lineman dis-engages.

2. Yes, there are other penalties. I've seen some that are new to the series (illegal touching, throwing across the line of scrimmage). I've seen no real difference in the frequency of pass interference.

3. The defensive ends seem to better hand fight on the edge and attempt to get up field and pressure. Honestly I wasn't here for NCAA '12 and my level of scrutiny isn't typically high so I'm not sure how it compares to '12, since I don't have a copy to reference right now.

4. Do you mean the one you can trigger by right stick down as a defensive lineman? If so, it is still present, but I *think* the animation is quicker.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #23
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nDAmornin
Are the passing plays now labeled 1 3 5 or 7 step drop in the play call screen? For example: "90 X Slant" would be a 1 or 3 step drop..."50 deep post" would be 5 or 7 step drop.
They are not labeled.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:29 PM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
1. No, it appears only one offensive lineman engages at any time on passing downs. The center/guard combination may both be in close proximity to the defensive tackle, but the un-engaged lineman only interacts if the other lineman dis-engages.

2. Yes, there are other penalties. I've seen some that are new to the series (illegal touching, throwing across the line of scrimmage). I've seen no real difference in the frequency of pass interference.

3. The defensive ends seem to better hand fight on the edge and attempt to get up field and pressure. Honestly I wasn't here for NCAA '12 and my level of scrutiny isn't typically high so I'm not sure how it compares to '12, since I don't have a copy to reference right now.

4. Do you mean the one you can trigger by right stick down as a defensive lineman? If so, it is still present, but I *think* the animation is quicker.
Thanks Shaun, appreciate it and thanks for representing.

2. Penalties- Please, if you agree, please let the team know to increase the frequency of pass interference. It's encouraging to know about the illegal touching.

3, In previous editions, especially 12, the leading sack #'s came from DT's vs elite DE's. Madden has the same issues. Crossing fingers on DE's getting up field vs engaging in patty cake with OT's.

4. Yes, exactly what I mean, even CPU controlled DT's perform WWE moves on the center and or guards and were in the QB's face in 2 seconds on 12.

Thanks again for the feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »