Home

In this thread, I talk about colors/lighting...

This is a discussion on In this thread, I talk about colors/lighting... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: In this thread, I talk about colors/lighting...

Dont understand why they fixed Mich St. colors but not Bama? Bama sticks out as very notice-able especially when they are championship caliber team. Last year wasnt there an art guy from EA on these boards taking suggestions and fixing stuff like this? It should be an easy fix, how do we get EA's attention?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #42
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

I approve of this thread. Well done sir.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #43
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

The problem could be that NCAA is focused on 123 teams while Madden only has to focus on 32, which means they can add a lot more textures. Much like TheFreightTrain said, the lac of correct colors could be because they need to used 100+ colors on teams and the coding could be a monster.

Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with the lighting. I think the sun washes out a lot of these colors. What's the difference between a day game and night game? Is it still as washed out at night as during the day?
Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #44
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
The problem could be that NCAA is focused on 123 teams while Madden only has to focus on 32, which means they can add a lot more textures. Much like TheFreightTrain said, the lac of correct colors could be because they need to used 100+ colors on teams and the coding could be a monster.

Honestly, I think it has a lot to do with the lighting. I think the sun washes out a lot of these colors. What's the difference between a day game and night game? Is it still as washed out at night as during the day?
I agree, I don't think it is the colors themselves, it is the lighting just washing them out or having a similarly negative impact on them. If you look at the colors for each team using the teambuilder website, almost all of them look accurate. But you get on the field and it is brutally bad. Clemson's is the worst and that is a team I play with constantly.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #45
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

My biggest gripe with color/lighting is the blue filter they use on games played in domes. I get having a different look than an outdoor game, but they should tone down how much blue shading they use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 03:46 PM   #46
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram124
My biggest gripe with color/lighting is the blue filter they use on games played in domes. I get having a different look than an outdoor game, but they should tone down how much blue shading they use.
I want to piggyback on this a little.

I hate the blue filter used during rain/snow games. This was a "rain game" played at home for Army. It was a game in September.

This was a game a week earlier.

What is up with the blue filter during weather games?! It looks absolutely awful.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #47
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I didn't want to create a new thread for the question, but for those who have played the retail version of 13, can you talk about the colors and lighting? (Or is there still an embargo? When is that lifted?)

I'm wondering if EA did any tweaks or tuning to the HDR lighting so that it doesn't completely wipe out the colors like it did in NCAA 12.

Clemson

Clemson NCAA 11 without HDR lighting

Clemson NCAA 13 w/HDR lighting
Old 07-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #48
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

Maybe EA can offer this in a patch....

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »