Home

No mention of create-a-play on '13

This is a discussion on No mention of create-a-play on '13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #17
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: No mention of create-a-play on '13

There's create a play in real life
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #18
Banned

tlew09's Arena

OVR: 0

This was a created play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uDab...eature=related

Created by the "Colorado School for the Blind"
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #19
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

I would love it for my dynasties and stuff like that but if available for general online ranked games it would create such an insane amount of problems. If I remember right the game already had online issues this year because of custom books when it was released, so custom plays could compound that.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #20
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I really, really hope that's a feature they announce monday.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I'm just curious, in what way do you feel it would be abused? In your mind, what plays do you envision being created that would make the game unplayable?
You and I both know the kinds of farce that people will come up with to exploit the CPU and/or user during gameplay. I don't want to play an online dynasty with a guy that runs his one cheese created play over and over and over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
So creating plays that are in the game but not in a particular formation is cheese? Quit whining. Take the good with the bad. There needs to be progress and the read and react defense may make it harder exploit.
Who was whining tough guy? Just stating a fact that you know will be in the game if this was added. Don't be naive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #22
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
You and I both know the kinds of farce that people will come up with to exploit the CPU and/or user during gameplay. I don't want to play an online dynasty with a guy that runs his one cheese created play over and over and over again.

Who was whining tough guy? Just stating a fact that you know will be in the game if this was added. Don't be naive.
Not a tough guy but how can you want a feature that good to be left out? It's in real life so why not in the game? I feel like everything will be exploited online so that's not a valid reason to be left out. Ppl said cpb would be exploited on line so at some point u have to stop making decisions based on online play.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
I don't see Madden or NCAA adding create a play in the near future. Especially for online play.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 AM   #24
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams

I really don't know what kind of stuff people would come up with. I'm not necessarily saying an unlimited play editor where you could line guys up anywhere you wanted, assign guys to run figure 8s or some random crap.

I guess what I would prefer would be better termed a play editor rather than create-a-play. I'd LOVE a complete create-a-play, I'm a huge X's and O's guy, but I recognize it isn't a feasible option for online play. A play editor however, would have great use and be not more abusive than any default play would be.

I used custom playbooks more than I used the actual game in NCAA 12 and I did so because in any given default playbook, 50-75% of the plays in it do not work and I wanted to get rid of them. And I mean that quite literally, they DO NOT WORK. I created a list somewhere on these forums a while back giving a quick run down of plays that simply do not work because of some flaw in design/programming.

A play editor would help solve that problem by allowing people to fix and customize plays out of existing formations using existing routes/runs.

I've gone through a few very long posts and suggests on this forum on how to improve custom playbooks and possibly integrate play editing. I doubt such a thing would be taken into advisement.

Search Modular Custom Playbook to see my suggestions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »