Home

Will NCAA 13 address these issues? Actually make online play fun?

This is a discussion on Will NCAA 13 address these issues? Actually make online play fun? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Will NCAA 13 address these issues? Actually make online play fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Good point. But we still need complex user profiles that go into great depth about the opponent you're about to face. We need the ability to at least scout them pre-game.
That's true, and that would be great, but I don't know how you get it to show up that someone is a glitcher. That would require EA to actually know what is causing the glitch to be do-able. I remember they had something similar on last gen, but you would get in a game with someone, and it turns out that their stout rushing offense was all HB Direct over and over.

But I do agree, more is always better than less.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #10
Banned

General Butt Naked's Arena

OVR: 3

Madden 12 introduced online communities which allowed you to have your own leaderboard. The hard part is recruiting a bunch of players who play legit. You kind of have to let these cheesers spend their whole life cheesing their way to the top of the top 100, so they can get the satisfaction of seeing their screen name on the top of the leaderboard. We're just gonna have to wait until EA can fix the problem completly. But I do think online communities is a decent band aid.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #11
Rookie

mayito7777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulraquel1294
Honestly what do you get out of being ranked in the top 100? Idk what you people are complaining about. You already know when your going into any ranked match its cheese inc. If you want to play against other people then go play unranked match's.
I remember they had something similar on last gen, but you would get in a game with someone, and it turns out that their stout rushing offense was all HB Direct over and over. But I do agree, more is always better than less.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #12
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulraquel1294
Honestly what do you get out of being ranked in the top 100? Idk what you people are complaining about. You already know when your going into any ranked match its cheese inc. If you want to play against other people then go play unranked match's.
I agree

Somebody name a single game where the online ranked leader boards weren't filled with persons who exploited the game?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
Rookie

Heres a simple fix.

EA needs ONE employee. Whose record will keep him in the top 20 consistantly(In which they can change his stats anytime) to just play random games 3-4 times a day. This persons sole responsibility is to find these guys, play them, and if they do this stuff, has the power to completely erase thier stats and block them from the server. This person would have to be farely good so that the cheaters use thier tactics though.

Hell, hiring one guy to look through YouTube videos would suffice.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Good point. But we still need complex user profiles that go into great depth about the opponent you're about to face. We need the ability to at least scout them pre-game.
This is exactly what is needed, what we had on the PS2. User profiles with details on how folks play. And we need the ability to leave comments on others profiles ala Ebay feedback. Cheesers/glitchers are of the personality that they would not take time to leave a comment, but legit users would.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKwannabe
Heres a simple fix.

EA needs ONE employee. Whose record will keep him in the top 20 consistantly(In which they can change his stats anytime) to just play random games 3-4 times a day. This persons sole responsibility is to find these guys, play them, and if they do this stuff, has the power to completely erase thier stats and block them from the server. This person would have to be farely good so that the cheaters use thier tactics though.

Hell, hiring one guy to look through YouTube videos would suffice.
Great idea, and with so many folks out there looking for work and who enjoy video games I don't think it'd be that hard to find someone to do this and do it cheaply.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Ultimately I would love a spectator mode so this stuff would be exposed to everybody, with online Mods able to suspend and ban people. However, until then, with all the recording devices out there, I don't understand why there hasn't been an official "reporting system" to ban/suspend accounts established.

It seems simple enough to setup something where people can only report people to EA with video proof and if not, they get suspended/banned. A video capture Madden community watch program.

The main point of all of this is to be a deterrent instead of just ignoring it like it will just go away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »