Home

NCAA Football 13 Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #33
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

I hope they have equipment updates.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NCAA Football 13 Gameplay Video - USC Intro with Rece Davis In Studio Update

Rece's audio does have that patched-together sound to it, but that really isn't unexpected, given the number of schools in the game. It's still nice to have it as opposed to nothing at all.

The score ticker looks good at the bottom of the screen and the crowd sounds better.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #35
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

I like what they added for THIS YEAR but still hate that it's placed on top of LAST YEAR.

The team entrances are still way off from what happens during an actual broadcast. Too many close up of fans. Not enough stadium shots showcasing the large crowd. Too closed in. Too quiet. No commentary. No dynasty specific lines/text providing context for anything.

I'll prolly watch the warmup because that actually happens during an ESPN game and it feels authentic (wish they showed guys stretching from the POV of the grass because that happens a lot on ESPN games) but I'll be skipping the team entrances once again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #36
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Rece's voice is definitely robotic. I believe there is something wrong with how EA implements announcers into their game. It does not sound natural and will be this way for the rest of this gen I am sure. Love the updates, better if they showed highlights though. Also the game-play and players running onto the field appear to be the same as the last few years. Color me unimpressed so far. I hope Heisman Challenge is at least a great addition.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4
I like the addition of the studio update, but it seems like NCAA12 2.0 to me
Old 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

1:11 to 2:08 is just too long of a period to be that quiet. You'd never see that watching espn.

But other than that, this sounds and looks incredible. Each year building the presentation I can't imagine what it could look like in say 3-5 years.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #39
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

What is the difference from last year and this year? And why so much dead space vocally? We should be hearing about the match ups at various positions, the rivalry etc. C'mon!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:47 PM   #40
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

And I see people saying the crowd sounds good but I guess I am underwhelmed because they still didn't react in the clip. On the kick return, the crowd should have gotten louder once he hit the 25 because it looked like he had room to break it. Instead, they keep monotone loudness.

(2:39)

Also notice they didn't update their scorecard to match last years ESPN scorecard. Guess I'm not all that surprised since they usually put in a new feature and then don't touch it for years.

Def some choppiness in the studio update from Rece but it's to be expected. The ticker is a great addition.

Overall I dig the new stuff. The old stuff still sticks out like a sore thumb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »