Home

Old 05-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: A.I.

This is another area that I feel can be addressed through an expanded DPP type system. In the Madden forum, someone has posted a thread talking about the V.I.P system that was available for some older games and I see DPP as being a more advanced version of that. NBA Live instituted Dynamic DNA, so I don't see why something similar, formatted for EA football games, is not possible.

It would probably help if coaches and coordinators in both EA football games actually had applicable ratings, tendencies and traits, ie "DNA" like the players, so updating that would essentially be updating the playcalling AI.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-36...BA-Live-09/p1/

I get so frustrated with EA football games because it seems for the most part, there are more then enough tools and tech available to make superb realistic games, they just haven't put it all together before. It seems being so focused on keeping EA football games fresh and unique every year with new features instead of making them the most realistic using whatever is already available, is a major issue.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-13-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #10
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by supdog
I still cannot believe the AI does not do everything that I can do. If you play the last madden that was made for the ps2 you will see the AI do hot routes, audibles and formation shifts. The new features for throwing is going to be something else that will drive me nuts if the AI does not use it.
Ya the most they do in today's EA games is move a TE or a WR over to the other side of the field sometimes...
Old 05-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #11
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Been saying this for 3-4 years now...

EA can update uniforms, mascots, dreads, socks and team entrances all they want...but the bottom line is competent CPU AI is what this game really needs.

As the OP stated all other things are just cosmetic (eye candy) to me. It's been 6 years since the old PS2 NCAA 06 that the CPU has been able to run the option attack on the field.

That is pretty bad IMO and gets over looked by EA year after year.

While guys are creating dread threads and complaining about socks and helmets i feel as though all that stuff should take a back seat to the actual gameplay on the field.

I want to see the CPU react almost human like on the field. I know Gotzmadskill suggested they include a old feature from NFL 2K5 to record different team playing styles based on the way the Human played.

EA IMO has slacked off on CPU AI since this game came over to the new consoles.

It would also help if they would spend quality time studying how their own ratings translate on the field to their gameplay. I understand it's impossible to capture true tendencies for 3000+ college players but atleast make an attempt to seperate players on the field.
I agree Playmakers, it gets really aggravating having to go in and adjust all the players attributes so they actually play a decent game of football. I followed your All Time team thread and it seems you know how the attributes and A.I. work better than the crew that makes the game. It seems like another year we will have to adjust attributes!
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I wish EA would take a look at Godmadskillzson's roster edits (Purplepower for the PS3 did a great job with this as well) and use them as a BASE for the next year's version.

If you use either of those edited rosters, you'll see a night-and-day difference in how the game plays, specifically the CPU.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 05-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #13
Rookie

supdog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I wish EA would take a look at Godmadskillzson's roster edits (Purplepower for the PS3 did a great job with this as well) and use them as a BASE for the next year's version.

If you use either of those edited rosters, you'll see a night-and-day difference in how the game plays, specifically the CPU.
It is sad when we need to rely on people to edit thousands of players but even then the AI still does not use everything I can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »