Home

WR's running behind DB's

This is a discussion on WR's running behind DB's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
Pro

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5
Unhappy WR's running behind DB's

It's 3rd and 8. You're down by 6. 1:58 left on the clock in the 4th QTR. You line up Shotgun and send everyone deep. Before the snap, you notice the safety come down and cover your slot WR, leaving your speed WR on the outside one-on-one deep. A small grin comes to your face, as you feel you have them beat. Snap the ball, and you were right you little Peyton Manning, one on one deep! Chuck it up for his taking! Whats this? The WR is stuck running behind the slower DB? He doesnt step to the side, not even a foot to leave this sucker in the dust? Ball goes sailing 10 yards past? Game over?

This is the same bug/glitch/whatever that I have noticed since the very early Madden's, I see it's in NCAA too. Needs to baddly be fixed. You can sometimes even see WR's slow and burst to keep behind a DB. Annoying.

This is my first time with the NCAA/Madden on the console. Really enjoying it, but still some bugs that need fixing. Loving Dynasty, however I had a player on my team leave for Pro Draft that I liked. Won a lot of games with him. Instead of asking him to stay, I let him go so I knew for sure he'd declare. But as I loaded the file in Madden I was sad to see he was no where to be found. But yet, my 2nd string QB who hardly played in his 4 years was there, went undrafted. There have been a lot of players that should of been in my past 4 draft classes but were not, including Heisman winners and contenders. Just kills the game some for me, as I do love the connection between NCAA and Madden.

And for the record I have the speed difference slider set to 0.

Last edited by BTownSlinger; 05-15-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: WR's running behind DB's

yeah game has so many flaws its rediculous. but key is to wait for the receiver to break past the db before you chuck it downfield. but you will usually be sacked waiting for that to happen. best play would have been a post if you need to throw it that deep, otherwise throw the dig or to your rb coming out of the backfield.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't have this problem. My guys get by the DBs all the time, same for my defense, they get beat.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #4
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

why wouldn't you just loft the deep ball, switch to the receiver and beat him to the ball??
Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
Pro

psychraider32's Arena

OVR: 8

hopefully the game play is greatly improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »