Home

Run/Pass commit

This is a discussion on Run/Pass commit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5
Run/Pass commit

Why is this still in the game? It's the most ridiculous thing I've seen on the game. Why won't they just scrap that all together because I've seen too many times where my opponent guesses wrong and I still have a negative play. We expect a realistic game, not an arcade NFL blitz type of game and that's what that run commit is. Please remove it!

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Run/Pass commit

The more realistic thing would be to do across-the-board defensive read-and-react AI programming.

EA chose to address the pass defense and the read-and-react aspect of that. However, I'm concerned because they're using the broad term to refer to a very small aspect of what Read-and-React is.

That makes me wonder; are they done with it now? Or will they claim to expand on it in the future?

Each player on defense should have keys that they read-and-react to throughout each play. This would allow their individual ratings to mean something and the defense would play as 11 parts of a machine all dependent on each other.

It would create gameplay where the defense and it's players THINK like their counterparts in real life. This would eliminate any need for an all-out run/pass commit. Real run/pass commit comes from each individual player in how they read their keys.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with that 100%. That run/pass commit isn't in the Madden franchise so I don't understand why it has been in the NCAA franchise for 3 iterations.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Old 05-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
And the bad thing is you can pretty much just select pass commit every time because it seems to not even effect the run at all....
Old 05-17-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
And the bad thing is you can pretty much just select pass commit every time because it seems to not even effect the run at all....
That's what I do...I'd like it just simplified to run/pass and not have the three run options as they over-commit the defense.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »