Home

Custom Conferences: *Active* Relegation.

This is a discussion on Custom Conferences: *Active* Relegation. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #9
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Custom Conferences: *Active* Relegation.

I posted this in a thread last year for 12. Four sets with a top, mid, and bottom tier league, trying to keep it regional. Champions replace bottom team by conference record only. Top tier has 12 teams and a championship game, mid tier has 10 teams and bottom tier has eight teams.

thing is a bitch to set up, though.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

I did a dynasty in '12 in which I set it up (alphabetical order by conference to make it easier) so that there were 10 teams in each conference, and I would move the top two teams up a league and the bottom two down one at the end of each year. I took a team from the bottom and tried to move them up. Only made it through three years though
Old 05-19-2012, 04:36 AM   #11
Pro

souljahbill's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Wait a second - So Miss (who won CUSA last season) and Houston (who won 13 games) are in tier II, but Tulsa (who UH beat to claim the West) and 5-7 UCF are in the Big 12? What gives?
You beat me to it.

#SouthernMissAlum

Last edited by souljahbill; 05-19-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #12
Banned

SafetyGreen's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by souljahbill
You beat me to it.

#SouthernMissAlum
Go Pirates. #SoonToBeECUalum
Old 05-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #13
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
I posted this in a thread last year for 12. Four sets with a top, mid, and bottom tier league, trying to keep it regional. Champions replace bottom team by conference record only. Top tier has 12 teams and a championship game, mid tier has 10 teams and bottom tier has eight teams.

thing is a bitch to set up, though.
I would love to see Nevada in the PAC-12, but sadly when the 4-5 super conferences happen, we'll be on the outside looking in and left out in the cold
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers
Old 05-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OVR: 0

I think what you are all forgetting is the Impact of the BCS. The EPL format is nice but when you have undefeated UL Monroe vs Undefeated San Jose St. playing in the national title, this mode is useless. The BCS will still take the highest record teams, so while the competition is better more tier 2 and tier 3 teams will win national titles because tier one teams will be 10-2 vs. the 12-0 lower tier teams.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
I think what you are all forgetting is the Impact of the BCS. The EPL format is nice but when you have undefeated UL Monroe vs Undefeated San Jose St. playing in the national title, this mode is useless. The BCS will still take the highest record teams, so while the competition is better more tier 2 and tier 3 teams will win national titles because tier one teams will be 10-2 vs. the 12-0 lower tier teams.
I agree... I made 4 super conferences last year with a 2 and 3rd tier and a lot of the super conferences knocked each other out of playing in the BCS Title game... I would end up with a 2nd tier vs 2nd tier title game or a 1st tier vs 2 or 3rd tier. This year Ill have 4 power conferences mixed of 12 and 14 schools and see how that turns out... But the game doesnt factor in strength of schedule..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #16
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

You get that no matter what. In my OD with realistic conferences, Houston won the 2012 NC. Ohio won a few years later. Fresno State won once. La Tech and UCF both made the NC game and lost. Our rule was if a mid-conference team won a NC, they got thrown into a big conference to get smashed. Fresno is the only one to have success in their new conference (PAC-12); they made it to the NC game a few years later.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »