Home

Things I hope they fix...

This is a discussion on Things I hope they fix... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-18-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Things I hope they fix...

This is just a list of things I hope either are or aren't in the game

Jump the snap - Get rid of it.

It's just not sim the way it's implemented. EA never seems to improve new features they implement, and they've never touched this since they put it in years ago. Just scrap it.

Fatigue

They had this good back in the day. In NCAA 04 you could get a solid number of carries for your backup RB's. I like all the sliders they have for sub settings, but they are worthless if the fatigue system isn't working properly.

Injuries

Last year for the most part only QB's and RB's got hurt. Occasionally you'd see the guy making the tackle get hurt. Madden has this done very well, though I wish more lineman would get hurt in Madden.

Online Dynasty

Make it..playable please. There were far too many glitches and errors with is last year. It was a blast when it was working properly, but unfortunately that rarely happened for long stretches. Also don't freeze when I try to upload pictures and videos to the OD site. I pretty much stopped doing it because I was afraid the game would freeze.

Crowd Noise

Where is it? It used to be in the game back in the previous gen, why does it sound so terrible now? I'm not asking for miracles here but the fans should at least care about the game on the field, college football fans live and die with their team. It's arguably the most passionate sport in America. The crowd noise and overall atmosphere should be a focus.

Penalties

Call some. Pretty please? Not just false start and holding/clipping either. How about some roughing the passer penalties. Also when I set my pass rush to aggressive it'd be nice if my guys would jump offsides occasionally. I know that in user/user games they do sometimes, but the CPU doesn't attack this with a snap count.

Beta Testers

Please hire some. It does you no good to release a game that needs four patches before it's playable. Hire some people that know NCAA football inside and out and want to improve the game. Don't just find random schmucks off the street that don't know anything about football or the game. I really love the job the Show does in this area, they bring in experts on the game for 3-4 days and let them play early builds of the game. From what I hear your community day is a joke in comparison to this.

All I'm asking for is some effort. Yeah I know, it will cost money and there is no reason for you to spend any with no competition and the next generation of consoles are right around the corner. But after last year's debacle you really should throw the fans a bone. This gen has been a disaster so far, but it's still salvageable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Things I hope they fix...

They have beta testers and the game was playable before four patches. you want more penalties? max out the sliders. Crowd Noise, they added to it this year.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
1.They have beta testers and 2. the game was playable before four patches. 3. you want more penalties? max out the sliders. 4. Crowd Noise, they added to it this year.
1. Doesn't seem like it. Unless you are referring to the people at the midnight release.

2. Spare me the semantics, but the glitches made the game unplayable for many people even after multiple patches. Tendency issues were game killers. No huddle was game killer. And people literally were unable to play the game with the online dynasty transfer. Did the beta testers you speak of really overlook the tendency issue?

3. People max out penalties and they still aren't called. I max out pass interference and still only see two or three a game. No, not game played. But bought NCAA game.

4. And it's just as unpassionate, dead, and undynamic as before.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:44 AM   #4
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
1. Doesn't seem like it. Unless you are referring to the people at the midnight release.

2. Spare me the semantics, but the glitches made the game unplayable for many people even after multiple patches. Tendency issues were game killers. No huddle was game killer. And people literally were unable to play the game with the online dynasty transfer. Did the beta testers you speak of really overlook the tendency issue?

3. People max out penalties and they still aren't called. I max out pass interference and still only see two or three a game. No, not game played. But bought NCAA game.

4. And it's just as unpassionate, dead, and undynamic as before.
I'm not an online player, so I can't comment on the game being unplayable. But the NCAA Football franchise has had legacy issues. Not issues that just showed up in one iteration, but flaws that we point out year after year after year. The jump the snap thing was cute in NCAA 07. But the computer abuses it and it's just a little gimmicky at this point.

The penalties? Smh, please. No lie, the only penalities I see called in the game with regularity are clipping, holding, and offside. That's it. I've had 2 roughing the passers in the last 2 versions of the game, 1 pass interference. Somewhere at EA, Trollface is spinning a yellow flag over his head, saying "problem bro?"

While I'm sure they have beta testers at EA and the community day events are important, these people either are just not good at their job or they're instructed to not do their job to the fullest extent. Because it only takes 30 minutes of gameplay/use-of-the-interface to see the massive flaws.

I mean, the depth chart hasn't sorted properly in 3 years. SORTING! That's basic programming.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I hope they fix
  • Running back abilities seemed to stiff, cpu uses special moves
  • wr catching make play on ball -new animations suppose to help
  • cb's react to ball and actual jump and not stand there and watch ball sail over head
  • No huddle work
  • player tendancies work for offline and online teams and future recruits
  • defensive ends actually matter not just d tackles
  • no more reverse pancakes
  • super linebackers gone
  • o-line, fb and te blocks anyone in front of them not turn and block from behind
  • proper zones are played
  • all defensive formations aligned right and are playable- 4-2-5 was unplayable
  • fix tackles where were defensive player shoulder tackles ball carrier and carrier either fumble or sent five yards back
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Get rid of the ability to "rocket Catch" stupid for your DB to be standing there stuck in mud while the WR jumps up and catches the ball when it i underthrown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »