Home

How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible.

This is a discussion on How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2012, 12:45 PM   #41
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How do I get a top head coach offer? It seems impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2th3m1th
i got head coach job offers from everyone after my 3rd year. i dont think it's broken at all. i actually wish it was tougher to get HC jobs
Really?? I'm so very glad to know you don't think it's broken at all. I guess LSU hiring a defensive coordinator from a two star school that went 4-8 is realistic after all?!?!?!

There will always be people who think it's too easy to move up, or too hard to move up. The problem is the flawed logic. LSU should never hire a coordinator from a school that went 4-8, they have taken the alma mater factor and made it so extremely over powered that it screws up the rest of the logic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2012, 03:23 AM   #42
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziza9Noles94
On the flip side, what you did at SMU is remarkable. Some might even say legendary. In essence, you've now made them into a top school on par with the other big boys. Anyone following you is now getting a "better HC job" so to speak. I mean, in-game, you elevated SMU in a shorter ammount of time than it took Bobby Bowden to do the same at FSU. SMU is no longer the stop over job, but the destination. Just another way to look at it. The only way a coach in real life would leave that is if his Alma Mater or dream job came calling.
Bingo

///
Old 05-25-2012, 06:41 AM   #43
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
Really?? I'm so very glad to know you don't think it's broken at all. I guess LSU hiring a defensive coordinator from a two star school that went 4-8 is realistic after all?!?!?!

There will always be people who think it's too easy to move up, or too hard to move up. The problem is the flawed logic. LSU should never hire a coordinator from a school that went 4-8, they have taken the alma mater factor and made it so extremely over powered that it screws up the rest of the logic.
how do you explain auburn hiring gene chizik a few years ago irl ?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #44
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeamg0dly
how do you explain auburn hiring gene chizik a few years ago irl ?
He was a head coach in a major conference. Plus, he had been the DC at Auburn when they were very successful. Even he is a great exception to a rule and his hiring is a far cry from the game simulating hires of coordinators from 2 star schools with 4-8 records.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 PM   #45
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Just a question:

For those saying "It's too easy!" vs. "It's too hard!" did you create your own coach or take over an existing one when you started the dynasty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 AM   #46
Rookie

Colt45's Arena

OVR: 7

I created my own coach.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyDobbs
I just thought of a remedy. If you go to the offers and see what is coming available at HC and you're up for the job, but continue to be passed up because of this bug, you can edit your coach's alma mater to the school to get the job, then back to your old alma mater afterwards.
curious... did this work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »