Home

CenturyLink Field/Husky Stadium

This is a discussion on CenturyLink Field/Husky Stadium within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #9
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CenturyLink Field/Husky Stadium

Here's the deal: They will leave the Huskies at the "old" Husky Stadium. What incentive is there for them to add Century Link into the game for just one season? As a die hard Husky fan, I would NOT buy the game if the Huskies had to play all of NCAA13 at the Clink.

In a perfect world, they would add the Clink and then switch the Huskies to the NEW Husky Stadium after the first year in dynasty. The idea that they can't add a stadium that isn't even built is horse sh. . . .. Go to www.huskystadium.com, click on virtual venue and you have ALL the info you need to put the stadium in the game.

In the EA world (this is what scares me), we won't have the new Husky Stadium in the game until NCAA16 is released. We STILL have the endzones from the Tyrone Willingham years in NCAA12, 3 years AFTER he was fired. If they get the "new" endzones" in the game this year, three years later, how long will it take to get a whole new stadium??

Mark my words, I will not buy any EA product after this season (if I even buy NCAA13) until they have the new Husky Stadium in the game. To answer my previous question: What incentive does EA have to add the New Husky Stadium in NCAA 13? Answer: Sales in the state of Washington would be OFF THE CHARTS. I would even pay an extra $50 for a DLC add on of the new stadium.

Last edited by Lear Pilot; 05-27-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
How are they gonna put in a stadium that hasnt been built yet?

Best you could hope for is just for them to switch you back to the old stadium after year one. But then, you KNOW ppl would be pissed about that.

So you''re gonna end up being stuck in Seahawks stadium for all of NCAA 13
There is ZERO chance that they add Century Link stadium to NCAA13. Put in all that extra work, just to piss off Husky fans? Not gonna happen.

Who cares if the stadium hasn't been built yet, EVERYTHING they need to add it can be found at www.huskystadium.com. Too much to ask? Funny thing, I believe it was MLB '99 that had Safeco Field in the game, even though the game was released about 6 months before the stadium was even finished!!! That was 14 years ago!!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot
There is ZERO chance that they add Century Link stadium to NCAA13. Put in all that extra work, just to piss off Husky fans? Not gonna happen.

Who cares if the stadium hasn't been built yet, EVERYTHING they need to add it can be found at www.huskystadium.com. Too much to ask? Funny thing, I believe it was MLB '99 that had Safeco Field in the game, even though the game was released about 6 months before the stadium was even finished!!! That was 14 years ago!!!!
Yeah safeco field was one of 32(?) stadiums. Husky field is one of 120.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm not saying there is but there might be a licensing issue for the not yet built stadium.

I'm not sure the details of the license but a future stadium may not be covered.

I'm stretching but it could be.

As for them adding in a the Seahawks stadium, I doubt it. Oh, and your new stadium may take a few years for them to get it right seeing as it took them two years or so to get the ECU renovation.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lear Pilot

EA uses a lot of sophisticated technology to gather the data for the geometry, textures, and lighting of the of the stadiums in their football games, and use of that technology requires that EA enter the stadium and take thousands of photographs and other data snapshots using special cameras which capture the geography of the site.

Anything short of the stadium actually existing for EA to physically examine is no longer enough information for them to build a model of it in-game that meets their quality standards.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
OS Supporter

BOSKY!'s Arena

OVR: 7

EA already owns the rights to display CenturyLink Field with Madden. Also, we already know what the stadium is going to look like when finished, so it won't be that hard to digitally create it for the game, especially since you'll have to in a year anyways.

Also, if you have rights to Husky Stadium, why wouldn't you be able to create a future stadium? I mean, EA creates stadiums that aren't even around anymore, why couldn't they create one that's about to be built?
Old 05-27-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
Banned

Lear Pilot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
EA uses a lot of sophisticated technology to gather the data for the geometry, textures, and lighting of the of the stadiums in their football games, and use of that technology requires that EA enter the stadium and take thousands of photographs and other data snapshots using special cameras which capture the geography of the site.

Anything short of the stadium actually existing for EA to physically examine is no longer enough information for them to build a model of it in-game that meets their quality standards.
Do you have a source to back up your information? I have read that they have a rather complicated process, but I find it doubtful that EA has been to all 120 college stadiums, plus bowl stadiums, and done such a highly detailed process for each stadium.

What I do believe is that EA is too lazy to make a reasonably good mock up of the stadium and then have to go in and rework parts of it after the stadium is finished. They would blame their "limited" resources and claim that they don't have the time to do it twice. The truth is they are too cheap and lazy, which is why NCAA13 is going to be NCAA12.5
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #16
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

The reason it won't already be included in the game is because they cannot use a stadium that won't be in use for the current season. That was what the Devs told us in the thread about Stadium expansions, and fixes a while back

It's a licensing thing I believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »