Home

Why the Infinity Engine is NOT in NCAA

This is a discussion on Why the Infinity Engine is NOT in NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM   #33
Banned

rerdivine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why the Infinity Engine is NOT in NCAA

Well am sure EA won't be happy even if its only losing 40% of sales. That is a big chunk.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #34
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rerdivine
Well am sure EA won't be happy even if its only losing 40% of sales. That is a big chunk.
The wont lose more than 20% and I think even that number is a bit high.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #35
Banned

rerdivine's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
The wont lose more than 20% and I think even that number is a bit high.
Lol ok we will see about that. It looks to me everyone is canceling. Even on the madden forums.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #36
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Well am sure they have lost about 75% of sales with no RTP, and Can't import draft class.
70% of their market probably doesn't even know what RTP is. I highly doubt it'll hurt sales that much. Plus, I never import draft class because I never play Madden. I honestly don't care if that's in or not and I'm sure plenty agree with me.

With the extra sales Madden will get this year due to having RTP, since a lot of people on here have canceled NCAA but then turned around and pre-ordered Madden, it'll all even out in the end.

Then when NCAA gets RTP in 2014, 75% of the people who are mad right now will buy it and everything will be right in the world.

Quote:
Lol ok we will see about that. It looks to me everyone is canceling. Even on the madden forums.
The key word there is: Forums. Most people my age (30) and older don't even know what a video game forum is, and we buy A LOT of video games.

Heck, the the average game player is 37 years old and has been playing games for 12+ years. heck I've been playing games since the mid-80s.

Us old folks don't care about RTP. We remember Tecmo Bowl and Bill Walsh College Football. We just want to play NCAA football.

Last edited by BA2929; 06-04-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #37
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
The more I think about it the more I am fine with it not being in NCAA this year. If it wasn't ready for the regular NCAA release date what makes people think it will work flawlessly in madden? The first year will be needed to work out bugs and refine it. I expect NCAA 14 to take advantage of seeing how it plays out in madden.
if there is an NCAA14 that is ...they are gonna lose an ENORMOUS amount of money on this one ...and by then hopefully 2K or someone else is brave enough to get their foot in the NCAA door ....now is the time to do it if anybody had plans to make a college game...take advantage of all these pissed off consumers while you can

Last edited by CT Pitbull; 06-04-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #38
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
if there is an NCAA14 that is ...they are gonna lose an ENORMOUS amount of money on this one ...and by then hopefully 2K or someone else is brave enough to get their foot in the NCAA door ....now is the time to do it if anybody had plans to make a college game...take advantage of all these pissed off consumers while you can
I think people or overestimating the percentage of people that buy the game that will actually change their mind because of the RTP in Madden. Just because those people are the most vocal in forums does not make them the majority or even a large minority.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #39
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Its really disappointing, but makes sense with the time constraints. Does bring up the question would time spent on Heisman mode been better served going with the Infinity Engine. Questionable when it was said Cam brought a seperate Physics team go oversee the implementation. So it probably wouldn't have mattered either way.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #40
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I think people or overestimating the percentage of people that buy the game that will actually change their mind because of the RTP in Madden. Just because those people are the most vocal in forums does not make them the majority or even a large minority.
well i have bought this game every year on every console ive ever owned ..im 32 years old so that a lot of games and cash...this year ive had enough ...its a madden only year....sadly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »