Home

Demo Shovel Pass???

This is a discussion on Demo Shovel Pass??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Demo Shovel Pass???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
That's actually wrong. They do have a Shovel Pass in Baylor's playbook. It's in Shotgun Spread formation 4-wide - 2 X 2 - w/ 1 RB and the play is called HB Mid Screen, just as Dylan_R&S said.

A friend pointed this out to me and I used it 16 times in two games, just to see how well it would work. I went 14 of 16 for around 90-100 yards. Longest gain was 16 yards. Worst was a completion for no gain. Twice the DT knocked it down.

I found it works great against a 3-3-5 defense.
I disagree. It seems to me it depends on how close you are. If you're less than 5 yards away from the receiver and the receiver is looking at the QB it seems to trigger the shovel pass. I ran HB Mid Screen 7 times in a row and only once did I see the animation because only once did I not have to wait for defenders to clear for the screen to set up. That was my experience anyway. Effective play though.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:22 AM   #10
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

It's in, my only issue is, the ball spirals like a typical pass when it shouldn't rotate or it should be going end over end, not a perfect spiral. Just a minor aesthetic issue with it, it works pretty nicely.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tested29
I disagree. It seems to me it depends on how close you are. If you're less than 5 yards away from the receiver and the receiver is looking at the QB it seems to trigger the shovel pass. I ran HB Mid Screen 7 times in a row and only once did I see the animation because only once did I not have to wait for defenders to clear for the screen to set up. That was my experience anyway. Effective play though.
Believe me, in that Baylor playbook, it's in. The HB runs a couple yards past the QB, turns, look at the QB and waits for the pass. The QB then shovels it to him, none of this under-handed crap that the "trigger shovels" have.

You just need to work on your timing. As someone who knows the Run & Shoot and Air Raid like the back of my hand, I know how this play should work. And the play I mentioned - HB Mid-Screen in Shotgun Spread, Baylor playbook, works great. 14 of 16 for 90-100 yards is a pretty good testament to that. Also... as I said, against a 3 man front it's great. It will be an audible for me and when I see 3-3-5 or 3-2-6, I'll audible to this.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

If you are running the option shovel do you press a button to shovel pass??

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
Rookie

MuthaFugga_Jones's Arena

OVR: 0
The shovel is in a lot of shotgun formations, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1RB w/ 1TE. It's called "shovel pass". OR has at least 4 and my custom playbook has about 10.

"When it's 3rd & 10, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers."

---Max McGee Green Bay Packers Super Bowl I---
Old 07-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #14

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-q-thread.html
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »