Home

Uniform Degradation Update

This is a discussion on Uniform Degradation Update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Uniform Degradation Update

This sure is a long thread about something nobody is even 100% sure is even broken in the retail release of NCAA '13.

However, I'll shut my mouth and let you carry on if it is.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #42
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
This sure is a long thread about something nobody is even 100% sure is even broken in the retail release of NCAA '13.

However, I'll shut my mouth and let you carry on if it is.
It's a concept called precedent. EA has set a precedent over the past few years where generally what you see (now) is what you get. Rarely has the demo or pre-release footage, such as the E3 footage and others, differed greatly from the retail title.

I always see claims of "beta footage", or it was just a demo, or "not the final product", but ya know what? It is the final product. Most changes tend to be under the hood, if they are made at all, but in regards to visuals which this thread is about, they are final.

The only time I've seen visuals change after footage starts getting released is Madden this year. They released that awful image of the score bar and quickly changed its design.

Other than that, once footage starts getting released, what you see is what you get and that's the precedent we're all using against EA. Hence our skepticism and activism (mass tweeting the developers until we get a response).
Old 06-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #43
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
It's a concept called precedent. EA has set a precedent over the past few years where generally what you see (now) is what you get. Rarely has the demo or pre-release footage, such as the E3 footage and others, differed greatly from the retail title.

I always see claims of "beta footage", or it was just a demo, or "not the final product", but ya know what? It is the final product. Most changes tend to be under the hood, if they are made at all, but in regards to visuals which this thread is about, they are final.

The only time I've seen visuals change after footage starts getting released is Madden this year. They released that awful image of the score bar and quickly changed its design.

Other than that, once footage starts getting released, what you see is what you get and that's the precedent we're all using against EA. Hence our skepticism and activism (mass tweeting the developers until we get a response).
Like I said earlier (and you must have missed): I'll shut my mouth and let you guys carry on if it's in the final game. A few years ago they "forgot to turn it on" and fixed it soon thereafter. That's the precedent I'll use.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #44
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Like I said earlier (and you must have missed): I'll shut my mouth and let you guys carry on if it's in the final game. A few years ago they "forgot to turn it on" and fixed it soon thereafter. That's the precedent I'll use.
Was that the precedent you used for NCAA 12?

The issue is that it's in the game, but it only works halfway. THe EA guy comes in and confirms that it's in, but he conveniently ignores the SPECIFIC issue of the white uni's/pants.

He told us the unis will get dirty, yeah we know that....but that's a broad statement when you're avoiding the specific question. And the new pics o the FINAL BUILD EA just released today(posted in this thread) only confirms the issue is still broken.

The difference between this and NCAA 11 is that in 11, it did not work at all....EA "flipped the switch", and it worked. In this game, it appears to be the exact same as 12.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #45
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
Was that the precedent you used for NCAA 12?

The issue is that it's in the game, but it only works halfway. THe EA guy comes in and confirms that it's in, but he conveniently ignores the SPECIFIC issue of the white uni's/pants.

He told us the unis will get dirty, yeah we know that....but that's a broad statement when you're avoiding the specific question. And the new pics o the FINAL BUILD EA just released today(posted in this thread) only confirms the issue is still broken.

The difference between this and NCAA 11 is that in 11, it did not work at all....EA "flipped the switch", and it worked. In this game, it appears to be the exact same as 12.
Thanks for making my point for me. How can there be a precedent if it's only been an issue in one year?
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #46
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
There are people going there this weekend and there's an event in NY on the 27th. Surely we can get confirmation at one of those, right?

I am invited to the NY event as press, and I'm trying to go, but I'm in FL and ish ain't cheap. If I go I will try to get a straight answer.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #47
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

It's more of a precedent than using an even older model.

It was a glitch in the most recent retail release of the game, which was broken following the fix of NCAA '11, it did not work in '12, it's not going to magically just fix itself, at the very least it needs to be part of the day 1 patch.

It's a safer assumption to make that it is infact broken because no details have risen otherwise. No screenshots/videos have shown degradation of white uniforms.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 PM   #48
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
It's more of a precedent than using an even older model.

It was a glitch in the most recent retail release of the game, which was broken following the fix of NCAA '11, it did not work in '12, it's not going to magically just fix itself, at the very least it needs to be part of the day 1 patch.

It's a safer assumption to make that it is infact broken because no details have risen otherwise. No screenshots/videos have shown degradation of white uniforms.
I'm always worried every year about what visual detail might be messed up.

Pride stickers on helmets haven't appeared properly in dynasty mode since '09 (the same year the numbers on 'Bama's helmets disappeared during gameplay, which they fixed in '10) until a player is awarded a large quantity. Last year the Big10 Championship game, despite being indoors, was a cold weather game with player breath visible and the crowd bundled up. Last year as well the actual model for one of BYU's scoreboard was totally missing. It just had the wire mesh where the texture was supposed to go.

Last edited by bad_philanthropy; 06-19-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »