Home

Recruiting for a pro style offense/defense

This is a discussion on Recruiting for a pro style offense/defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Recruiting for a pro style offense/defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
guess i gotta be the 1st noob to ask...

what is speed score and what does it mean?

how does it translate to the game in a way that different from the 40 times?

what about speed score is special to the pro offense.

basically could somebody break down why this is important info to have as it relates to the game.

i consider myself and elite recruiter (as far as determining what skillsets are truly important to each position and finding players who progress well based on their current ratings) and ive never heard of this, is there some etheral level of recruiting that even i down know about?
Not all 40 times are equal. The size and speed of the athlete have to be considered.

It does make a difference especially for linemen who are always on the field. Also remember that stud RB you just signed is only 1/6 of the running game.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:10 PM   #10
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

not all 40 times are equal?

are you saying that a 5'11" 185lbs WR who runs a 4.50 40yrd dash is faster than a 6'3" 245lbs MLB who also is listed as running a 4.50 40yrd dash? is this what your saying?

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #11
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4

No, he's saying the opposite. The formula (without the factors) is weight/40 time. So if they have the same 40, the LB in your example will have a better score. Which makes sense, because LBs would be slower in general than WRs, so a LB running the same speed a a WR would have a higher score in comparison to the average.

Last edited by DiSaStAx94; 06-25-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
No, he's saying the opposite. The formula (without the factors) is weight/40 time. So if they have the same 40, the LB in your example will have a better score. Which makes sense, because LBs would be slower in general than WRs, so a LB running the same speed a a WR would have a higher score in comparison to the average.
thats cool, but i dont think this is something i need to concern myself with, even without the math i kinda already subconsciencely know this. while i can see how the formula would help folks, ima just stick to my instincts on this 1.

thanks for taking the time to explain it to me though.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 06-26-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
thats cool, but i dont think this is something i need to concern myself with, even without the math i kinda already subconsciencely know this. while i can see how the formula would help folks, ima just stick to my instincts on this 1.

thanks for taking the time to explain it to me though.
The point of the post was to give data for pro specific players if one were so inclined to recruit them for a pro style offense. This was a general knowledge post about how data ranks players of different positions, it was only for a pro style USER to try and recruit pro specific players.

If you don't use pro style then you should just use your instincts because the formula doesn't apply to you. If you play pro style then you should use it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »