Home

Wrap it up! Technique as a rating!

This is a discussion on Wrap it up! Technique as a rating! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
Rookie

SanDiegoTrojans's Arena

OVR: 3
Wrap it up! Technique as a rating!

I've noticed a lot on Madden and NCAA that when the players big hit an offensive guy they don't wrap up.

I remember I lost a game because my corner decided to play two hand touch with the wide receiver on Heisman.

The biggest fundamental for a defensive guy is to wrap up. Trust me I've seen guys get speared to the ground being wrapped up.

I know not every tackle is suppose to be perfect maybe they should have Technique as a rating?

Because, I hate the dramatic two hand pat on the shoulder.

I know it may be too late but maybe they can add this in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Wrap it up! Technique as a rating!

It would be nice if defenders would wrap up, but I wouldnt be confident in a new rating doing anything. Just look at how many ratings we have now that are meaningless.

That said, I recommend turning 'big hits' and 'strip ball' on conservative. Depending on your sliders, these two can really reduce broken/missed tackles if thats an issue.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Wrap it up! Technique as a rating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
It would be nice if defenders would wrap up, but I wouldnt be confident in a new rating doing anything. Just look at how many ratings we have now that are meaningless.

That said, I recommend turning 'big hits' and 'strip ball' on conservative. Depending on your sliders, these two can really reduce broken/missed tackles if thats an issue.
I second this recommendation, big hits and strips are used to create turnovers or break up passes. But they also cause missed tackles. I actually feel like this is fairly accurate to what you see even at the pro level (mostly from CBs and Safeties).

As well, it would be nice to see players who judge the situation to use said strip or big hit based on their awareness (or play recognition but that seems stretched). This would cause smarter players to wrap up if they are the last man standing between the ball carrier and the end zone but would go for a big hit if they were certain players were behind them to help if all they did was perform a glorified chest exercise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »