Home

After playing the pre-release game...

This is a discussion on After playing the pre-release game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you planning on buying the retail version after playing the pre-release version?
Yes 53 58.89%
No 22 24.44%
Undecided 15 16.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2012, 06:23 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
I'm on the fence honestly. But if I do buy it mainly cuz I can edit everything.... I kno kinda sad, but I just can't play a sports game that doesn't allow that.

But yes.... It feels a lot like 12 to me aside from passing. D is awful on both sides.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: After playing the pre-release game...

seriously thinking about canceling my preorder before tuesday. I stopped playing last year's game quick because it was subpar and everything i've seen and read says this is NCAA 12.5 and the game has no wow factor. I've yet to see anything that jumped out as new or make this game appear to be any different.

Even the things they did tweak like QB footwork and passing trajectories seem to be rather minor in the big scheme of things and make this game seem more like a patch than a new game.

Add to that the fact that they didn't update equipment, didn't update teambuilder, didn't update coaching carousel and essentially spent their time adding a worthless feature like Heisman challenge and having the USC Song Girls/more boring entrances and a weak inclusion of studio updates.

There are only 2 things that have prevented me from already canceling my preorder and neither are because of anything NCAA 12 i mean NCAA 13 offers but rather what Madden took out.

Reason #1... my love of college football. It's my favorite sport and i love the variety of teams/stadiums/fight songs/etc. so not getting my college football fix is tough.

Reason #2... Madden deciding to take away basically any user control. Can't play a multi team franchise, can't edit rosters and bring them into CCM, can't play games other than your own. No matter how great the game is i'll be bored within a week playing as 1 team the entire time.

We really need a new NCAA development team because the current team just doesn't seem to get it and has no clue what direction the game needs to go and it's been this way for a while now. The game will sell no matter what. It's college football and it's the only college football game out there. But the game will continue to get worse and worse with these guys around.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: After playing the pre-release game...

I will definitely be buying it, can't wait until Tuesday.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »