Home

If you can pick 1 football element EA nails, what would it be?

This is a discussion on If you can pick 1 football element EA nails, what would it be? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: If you can pick 1 football element EA nails, what would it be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
keep it on topic, FOOTBALL ELEMENT not sliders or recruiting. I'm talking about the actual game of football. I think TDenverfan is right, passing seems to be a strength. I'm talking about just the offense because obviously line blocking & defense aren't great but just the passing itself has improved this year.

And the reason i bring this topic up is because of what i read someone else say in another thread and it had me thinking. They were talking about how EA seems to just tweak different elements each year individually but collectively it doesn't equate to good football. So i was wondering what those different elements were that people thought they did a good job accomplishing.
I was being serious and sliders are apart of the game. The passing system is nice but once we get a patch Idk how nice it will be. 2K games suck Im always ragging on them because they have one of the worst online servers ive ever played on. but on the bright side at least 13 is better than 12
Old 07-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
Rookie

pj_28's Arena

OVR: 3

Passing is the thing they get most right in my opinion.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
Rookie

KingFrieza's Arena

OVR: 2

Human Error.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I can't agree with passing being something they got nailed down. In the game, every quarterback can throw a bullet pass just as hard as any other qb. In real life obviously, stronger armed qbs can throw with more velocity than weaker armed ones. This is why you see some qbs like say Penn State's Mcgloin, who has a weak arm, not attempt/not able to complete routes which require solid arm strength like corner routes, 15 yard outs, etc. (pro routes). Until a qbs throwing power means something (velocity rather than how far they can throw), I can't say EA has gotten passing nailed down.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:16 PM   #13
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
I was being serious and sliders are apart of the game. The passing system is nice but once we get a patch Idk how nice it will be. 2K games suck Im always ragging on them because they have one of the worst online servers ive ever played on. but on the bright side at least 13 is better than 12
sliders are a part of the game but it's not a football element.

What about the Linebackers? How do you guys think they do with them. We tend to focus on the D-Line and the DBs so much but do you think they do a good job with the LBs?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #14
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
sliders are a part of the game but it's not a football element.

What about the Linebackers? How do you guys think they do with them. We tend to focus on the D-Line and the DBs so much but do you think they do a good job with the LBs?
The LBs seemed better from the Demo. Can't jump like LeBron anymore.
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSpartans11
I can't agree with passing being something they got nailed down. In the game, every quarterback can throw a bullet pass just as hard as any other qb. In real life obviously, stronger armed qbs can throw with more velocity than weaker armed ones. This is why you see some qbs like say Penn State's Mcgloin, who has a weak arm, not attempt/not able to complete routes which require solid arm strength like corner routes, 15 yard outs, etc. (pro routes). Until a qbs throwing power means something (velocity rather than how far they can throw), I can't say EA has gotten passing nailed down.
that's a good point because velocity is a major element. Especially when you tie in throwing motions all being the same you really don't notice a difference from one QB to the next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #16
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Passing....

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »